cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix cancelled by EE

Je5ter05
Investigator
Investigator

Took out a new contract this month, part of it included an Inclusive Extra to Netflix. It's been working fine for the few weeks but now Netflix emailed me to say I needed to update my payment details. It was a legit request as my Netflix app brought this up straight away. I wanted to check if Netflix option has been stopped by EE since or if this is possibly just an error as I haven't swapped or changed my Inclusive Extra 

113 REPLIES 113
Dylanmat
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all, 

so as most people have suggested calling up I tried again and you need to be pushy with the chat advisor sometimes and tell them to remove Netflix and re add it for you

once this is done click the text link and sign in to your ee account, then enter your phone number as asked and confirm your not a robot, 

once this is done it will say activate and take you to Netflix to sign in, sign in then you will be emailed confirming from Netflix ee are paying again! 

this is the solution which is great but unfortunately us as customers have to be the ones to call up (I just called now to the account and billing team) it’s about a 8 minute wait to get through as of now! 

good luck all! 

Dylan

Bounce2k69
Explorer

I have managed to get mine sorted through the app message, it's a bit of a drag but it is done now. They removed the add-on then put it back on as the 150 Pick and netflix message never worked.

Hopefully you will all get sorted too.

Mine is also saying the same! It's been working since we took out the contract and now it's saying I need to update payment yet on my EE it's saying its active and on my netflix account it's saying its through EE so I don't understand what's happening. 

Can you help? 

BexB87
Visitor

Hi,

I've had the same issue for the last few days, I don't really want to pay for Netflix as I've already paid via EE. EE is showing its still active on my account but Netflix has said I need to pay. Has anyone managed to resolve the issue yet?

I’ve literally just done it through the chat messaging service on the website . Took about 5-10 mins but all sorted & Netflix reactivated & working again .

We know about the problem

so said to me it was easy to resolve they just had to remove Netflix from my account & re add it . Works fine no problems . Chat function available till 10.30 pm 

Hi. If you can get onto an EE advisor. Request that they deselect Netflix and reselect Netflix as an Inclusive Extra. Once they do this, it should send you a couple of texts to say Netflix removed, then added, and finally a text to say activate Netflix(like you would have done when you first set it up). For me, there was no need to contact Netflix nor logout of Netflix account as it was ready to go after activation.

Yes, you need to call we and ask them to remove the extra and re add it, you should then get a link through to follow and it will email you confirming after

If you read this whole thread there is an ee representative that says do not remove and re add as it causes further issues. 

I’ve seen that comment but it’s wrong, 

like I said I spent over 4 hours on calls in total to EE and as soon as the removed and re added it worked, I have been emailed from Netflix confirming EE cover the bill.

this is the case for numerous people on the thread, give them a call and ask them to do it and it should work! They also said they don’t know if they will be able to provide a blanket fix for everyone! 

Drpau
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Oh dear! Messaged EE on the app. They removed netflix standard and added back netflix basic!! Argghh