cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix cancelled by EE

Je5ter05
Investigator
Investigator

Took out a new contract this month, part of it included an Inclusive Extra to Netflix. It's been working fine for the few weeks but now Netflix emailed me to say I needed to update my payment details. It was a legit request as my Netflix app brought this up straight away. I wanted to check if Netflix option has been stopped by EE since or if this is possibly just an error as I haven't swapped or changed my Inclusive Extra 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BexB87
Visitor

Hi,

I've had the same issue for the last few days, I don't really want to pay for Netflix as I've already paid via EE. EE is showing its still active on my account but Netflix has said I need to pay. Has anyone managed to resolve the issue yet?

View solution in original post

113 REPLIES 113
Jaylowe1988
Visitor

I have had the same issue today. When I checked my smart benefits, netflix is still selected and I am still paying for the add on for additional screens. I came here to see if anyone had had the same problem and find an answer but it seems your post is from today also, so I wonder if there is a problem with netflix / EE that will later be fixed. Sorry it's not an answer but you're not the only one... Lets see if the thread grows... 

I contacted Netflix who believes it is EE who have cancelled it. After calling EE, the operator says my extra is still valid(not cancelled) and is unsure why I'm getting that response. He did say his colleagues had had similar calls, not loads, but it suggests something has happened. I decided to wait this out rather than ask EE to start resetting anything as, if this is bigger problem, EE may do a wholesale fix and I didn't want to unsettle that. EE have said they will call me Thursday to see if things have sorted themselves out. Incidentally, my app hasn't worked today which I'm thinking might be something, or nothing, to do with a possible outage.

The only other thing I could try is to log out and back into Netflix to see if it makes a difference but I think I'll wait and see. I can live a few days without Netflix, I think 😬

Dylanmat
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve had the same issue today too, I renewed contract on the 7th September and received an email saying I no longer have Netflix with ee after the 20th october.

I’ve spoke to both Netflix and ee and Netflix said it was an issue with ee. 

upon speaking to ee for over an hour they tried everything to fix this but nothing worked as it was still saying active, reading this thread it appears as there’s plenty of us who are experiencing this issue so I would assume it’s an issue that’s effecting most people with Netflix as an inclusive extra. 

I’ve just finished my call and said I’ll play the waiting game as I don’t want my account messing with any more since it’s already hard enough getting my Xbox inclusive extra set up. 

Hopefully they find a fix and send out correspondence so we don’t have to call back up but I would assume it’s just a technical issue. 

Dylan 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon all, 

When you have a moment please could you check your community inboxes, I would like to take a further look into this. 

Speak soon, 

Katie

Vickster6759
Explorer

I've had the same email from Netflix today saying I needed to set up payment.

After reading the replies I guess it's an EE issue

Chugh
Visitor

I am facing same issue. Can someone please provide details of the solution? I spoke to netflix and they shared a link which took me to EE website to activate betflix Basic package which is weird as I should have standard add on already in My account. When I spoke to EE customer care she said they can't do anything and closed the escalation case as I dropped the phone. Please help!!

Katie_B

Hi @Vickster6759 and @Chugh

I have also sent you both a private message so this can be looked into further. 

Katie

Cackerbee
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having exactly the same issue. Contacted by Netflix, thought it may be a scam so tried to go to my EE to find I can't access.

I got the deal so I could watch Netflix, would like to be told by EE support what's going on? 

Katie_B

Hi, 

Could you please confirm if you have recently upgrade?

If yes, have you moved from an Android to an iPhone or to a plan that does not include Inclusive Extras?

Katie