Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT broadband full WiFi transfer to EE 1.6gbps

Letmeb00gey1
Investigator
Investigator
BT broadband to EE 1.6gbps

What a pain it has been to switch over to EE to get new router and faster speeds. Initially I was told they can order the 1.6gbps broadband from EE as I had by complete WiFi and i agreed only then after the phone call ended I noticed they simply transferred over like for like package on EE and found I then had to pay more not much but still £1 more. I was later told to let my order complete and I can then regrade and get the 1.6gb fibre from EE. I then checked on EE and it was still showing as I have the 900mb package. A few days passed, however  to my surprise it now shows I can get rhe 1.6 gbps package from EE. So when I called again to day I was told I can’t get it even though I am on full fibre fttp as the people on the phone said they can’t see the offer so can’t provide this to me  so firstly I was misled and missold what I was ordering then now their site doesn’t match it states I can get which is mis advertising. I have spent a number hours on the phone.

Letmeb00gey1_1-1698689414981.png

338 REPLIES 338
Ollmall
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Interesting to hear your experience actually. 

The UniFi stuff I have is considered ‘enterprise level’ and the 24 port PoE switch has the sound and heat output to back that up for sure!

For WAN I have an SFP+ to 10gb RJ45 adapter that’s in place and ready for the speed upgrade if and when I can eventually get on it. So if you’re actually getting above the 1.6gbps speed as you seem to be getting in some cases then I won’t have any bottlenecks preventing me from actually getting it on my devices that are either on the 2.5gb or 10gb Ethernet links they have available which is super cool. Same for the devices that are on the 6Ghz network I’ve recently deployed. Local network speed tests have seen those devices approaching 2gbps in some cases (in perfect conditions). Been really impressed with the new UniFi WiFi 7 APs considering how cheap they actually are! 

The more speed I can get, the better. I am a gamer and I also work with large files regularly for work as well so give me all I can get in my opinion. If I was at my last house I would already be on the 2.5gbps symmetrical speeds offered by some ISPs on CityFibres network already. 

Bluenose_Dave
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Small update routing issue fixed but found a system error, Openreach got to update EE before 6 tonight, on phone to EE seems it was not escatlated on 12 as it was rejected by openreach it has been accpected now i been told and will get more updates etc, this is so frustrating with misinformation etc, now chasing up my sim ordered that i placed last week, why is nothing simple with EE

escatlation is also level one where as i was told it was at highest level on the 12th, this is so fustrating now as it dragging on now with no real change or end in sight so we see what this week brings, i expect an update by end of the day or first thing tomorrow 

FFTP Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb

Good news that some progress is being made for you. Unfortunately, OR randomly reject things, unless you chase up then EE don’t resubmit… 

On my front with the new router, still no dropouts and getting speeds consistent with the 1.6Gbps connection.  

Ollmall
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Glad to hear you're still getting consistent speeds. Hopefully someone from EE will reach out to me sooner rather than later to actually get my upgrade going.

I had another automated email from them this morning telling me to manage my account online, tried again but still borked. 'Sorry...there's been a technical problem. Call us on blah blah blah...'

Please EE sort us out! The most frustrating part is that if we want this sort of speed, EE are our only option. 

One of the things I LOVED about CityFibre's network was that there was soooo much competition everyone's prices were super tempting. I was paying £26 p/m for 940/940 with a static IP address. Crazy.

timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Bluenose_Dave 

Fingers crossed for you Dave, Jeez it can't be much longer before they fix your problems.🙄

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@garetc 

Yes mine is certainly consistent at 1.6 since last Thursday. Seen no drops of connection or speeds.😎

Fastdotcom.jpg 

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.
Bluenose_Dave
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Tim you think it would not be but with openreach i would not hold my breath, it the misleading things you are told does my head in, even today  EE was like the problem was 2 accounts on 1 line **bleep** that was sorted 5 weeks ago i was told, with so many dates missed with openreach repair i lost all faith in dates given, the hybrid BT unit is playing up a bit but as EE said it not meant to be used solid for nearly 2 months!!, we see what the next 24 hours bring i been told it has a person at openreach escalation dealing with it now

Bluenose_Dave
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well no phone call from EE this evening with an update from openreach as i was told openreach have got o give an update by 6pm tonight, so we shall see if i have any news or update tomorrow morning, but I fear it will be another update in a weeks time what it has been for the last 6 weeks

garetc
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

So far so good, I've had no dropous since setting up the new router/mesh system.

I've setup in the second node, below is the connection on the third floor of the house on WiFi 7. Getting around 800Mbps on WiFi 6.

1000000281.jpg

Bluenose_Dave
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well just got off the phone to Craig at EE openreach due to update on the 1st of Feb now, and not a full week,

the phoenix team at openreach going to deal with it, but i think i waited long enough and been understanding to openreach with this issue, so I think it time to email Clive,  i have details and account number, so today i be working on the wording of the email to him and lets see if i get a reply and some real action from openreach to get this matter sorted out asap as it been going on way to long now even  also level 2 escatlation now

Craig at EE is frustrated about how openreach have been, i could also be sending an email to ofcom once this is sorted as it been terrible responce time from openreach dates given it be working by and has not been

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

@Bluenose_Dave  

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]