cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Hornchurch

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 18 April 2024

Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed. We have located two potential areas for a new mast, one permanent mast and a temporary mast to restore coverage as quickly as possible. We are currently conducting surveys at both locations to make sure the sites will be suitable for the equipment.

For the permanent mast, pending a positive outcome from the surveys and the area will be suitable for the equipment, we can start legal steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider and start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

For the temporary mast, pending a positive outcome from the surveys and the area will be suitable, our engineers will start building the equipment needed for the mast and confirm an approximate on-air date this summer.

We will keep you updated on this post.

We are aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in the Hornchurch area. Our mast in the area had to be removed from the existing site in March 2024, as this was requested by the landowner.

Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed. We have located two potential areas for a new mast and are currently conducting surveys to make sure the locations will be suitable for the equipment. Pending a positive outcome and a new area that will be suitable, we can start legal steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider and start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

We will keep you updated on this post.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may be able to use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection. 

For information on who can use WiFi Calling and how to set up this service, please see our Using WiFi Calling, Help page.

47 REPLIES 47

We're in RM12 and have had issues since mid March too.

Jodycody
Investigator
Investigator

If you're looking for compensation I would raise a complaint and request it. 

We did and was successful 

I was told no as we can utilise WiFi calling 😕

RM11residents
Investigator
Investigator

Can you please confirm whether you have written to all affected residents, based on the registered addresses you hold against customer accounts? Can you confirm when this communication went out? Would you also confirm whether you have offered compensation to any service users by way of credit l, and whether you intend to offer this to all affected users?

Please note, this issue also affects those trading and operating in the area on business contracts, such as local shops and visiting contractors.

I am grateful to Cllr Middleton for querying the issue above. If you would also please escalate with the Council, as this has affected so many residents for over a month, with little or no resolution in sight.

Matei197825
Explorer

How long is this technical problem take ? It’s been over 2 weeks my 5G not working when I come out of the house no internet it’s so unfair and I’m not happy to pay my bill to be honest 

HxNOsignal
Explorer

Naughty EE

Where is your contingency plan pls. So you are now telling all your customers to go and purchase a hardwired broadband service or use their existing broadband provider to prop up EE, to use wifi calling along with accessing the internet. Or did EE not think this through just like not having planned for mast removal / new sites etc. This is EE at their very best at ‘assuming’… 

Did mummy EE not say to baby EE never assume as it will get you in all sorts of bother.

Surely EE will now provide the hardwired broadband service to all customers homes this week FoC to allow to access the internet and use WiFi calling along with upgraded WIFI calling compatible handsets. 

For customers that have hardwired broadband - will EE cover their providers broadband costs along with reimbursement of EE line rental. 

This has been ongoing since March 18th 2024. EE was fully across of the situation but firmly stuck their head in the sand and hope no one would notice😂🤣. You are quick enough to take payment from very very loyal customers but this is not reciprocated by providing critical comms to loyal customers. 

I kinda remember Megan the EE customer support person saying we don’t know what the cause is as our kit is provided by third party. I did suggest it may be something to do with the huge mobile crane plotted up in the rear carpark of Scottish Mutual House, taking down a huge mast from the roof of the building…. No comment made. 

Yep we are all just silly loyal paying customers [numbers / statistics]. 

I know you have my mb nr as I get lots and lots of texts offering new phones / enhanced service plans etc. 

Shame i ‘had to register’for regular text updates. Do you remember this reassuring text on the  29th of March.👌

IMG_1093.jpeg

👍

👍

Sz8
Visitor

What about customers that don’t have WiFi in their homes and aren’t able to access the internet 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sz8 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you’re affected by this mast being offline and would like to discuss your options, please get in touch with our mobile guides. 

Leanne.