cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Hornchurch

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 18 April 2024

Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed. We have located two potential areas for a new mast, one permanent mast and a temporary mast to restore coverage as quickly as possible. We are currently conducting surveys at both locations to make sure the sites will be suitable for the equipment.

For the permanent mast, pending a positive outcome from the surveys and the area will be suitable for the equipment, we can start legal steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider and start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

For the temporary mast, pending a positive outcome from the surveys and the area will be suitable, our engineers will start building the equipment needed for the mast and confirm an approximate on-air date this summer.

We will keep you updated on this post.

We are aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in the Hornchurch area. Our mast in the area had to be removed from the existing site in March 2024, as this was requested by the landowner.

Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed. We have located two potential areas for a new mast and are currently conducting surveys to make sure the locations will be suitable for the equipment. Pending a positive outcome and a new area that will be suitable, we can start legal steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider and start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

We will keep you updated on this post.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may be able to use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection. 

For information on who can use WiFi Calling and how to set up this service, please see our Using WiFi Calling, Help page.

47 REPLIES 47

Hi, Leanne.

Would you please respond to all posts on this thread, rather than just the latest?

On Monday 8th April (having had connection issues going back to the week commencing Monday 11th March), I was notified by EE's technical support team, who referenced this thread, that all affected service users should contact EE once their monthly bill has been issued and request a refund/credit for each month this outage affects their use of the service that they are paying for and not receiving. I queried for how long should customers be expected to do this, and was told to call up each month until resolved.

N.B. The St Andrew's Ward (RM11), where this mast was removed, is currently made up of 6,202 households (2021 Census), and with EE taking up ~22.4% of the UK market (2024 uSwitch UK Mobile Phone Stats Report), this equates to a minimum of 1,400 affected service users, not including all locally based and visiting businesses operating in the area.

Leanne_T

Hi @RM11residents 

Any customer's affected by the mast being offline and would like to discuss available options would need to get in touch with our mobile guides, who will have access to the account.

The main post will be updated when we have more information. 

Leanne. 

Thanks, Leanne.

As per my previous post, would you be able to confirm whether EE intends to contact all service users with accounts registered to the local postcodes known to be affected by the removal of this mast, to provide the information above in a fair and transparent way?

Kind regards 

Pauljohn2
Visitor

So will we be getting a discount on our bills 

Leanne_T

Hi @RM11residents 

The link and information for this post can be found when checking the status of the area on the network status checker. 

Leanne.

Leanne_T

Hi @Pauljohn2 

Please call us and our mobile guides will discuss your options. 

Leanne.

UptheHammers
Explorer

Thank you for the update.....but why cdn't you have come clean with us in the first place....instead we have had a month of frustrating intermittent cutouts during phone calls, or being unable to connect or receive. During that time I have received several messages saying fault had been fixed when it obviously had not. In tbe This alone is outrageous. Only through local neighbourhood fb chat have we discovered we can use the alternatives described above.

EE have been very unprofessional and your loyal customers deserve better from you.  Other networks are available.....just saying. 

@UptheHammers wrote:

Thank you for the update.....but why cdn't you have come clean with us in the first place

Landlord-initiated site decoms are frustratingly commonplace across all UK operators, it's not unique to EE.

Their approach is comparatively open compared with other MNO's.

Poor way to treat your customers. Not impressed.

Sent from my Galaxy
charliet144
Visitor

With the amount I pay for my two lines each month I will be expecting some compensation for the poor service and lack of information that was released about the service change.