cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Hornchurch

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 18 April 2024

Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed. We have located two potential areas for a new mast, one permanent mast and a temporary mast to restore coverage as quickly as possible. We are currently conducting surveys at both locations to make sure the sites will be suitable for the equipment.

For the permanent mast, pending a positive outcome from the surveys and the area will be suitable for the equipment, we can start legal steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider and start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

For the temporary mast, pending a positive outcome from the surveys and the area will be suitable, our engineers will start building the equipment needed for the mast and confirm an approximate on-air date this summer.

We will keep you updated on this post.

We are aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in the Hornchurch area. Our mast in the area had to be removed from the existing site in March 2024, as this was requested by the landowner.

Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed. We have located two potential areas for a new mast and are currently conducting surveys to make sure the locations will be suitable for the equipment. Pending a positive outcome and a new area that will be suitable, we can start legal steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider and start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

We will keep you updated on this post.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may be able to use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection. 

For information on who can use WiFi Calling and how to set up this service, please see our Using WiFi Calling, Help page.

47 REPLIES 47
Tony47887
Visitor

Hi Leanne

how much discount are we to receive for not being able to use our phones in Hornchurch. ?its been a long while now.   

Hi there, so Vodafone provides 5 bars that’s very good. Can I ask if you changed contract by visiting a Vodafone shop or via the internet please. Given the circumstances here I’m going to switch provider. 

Christopher_G

Hi @Tony47887 

To discuss this further, you will need to speak with our Mobile Care team.

Chris

Churleyyy95
Visitor

Is there an update on this yet as it’s been like 2 months now I haven’t been able to use my phone when I’m at home or anywhere near my home 

James_B

Hi @Churleyyy95,

You can view the latest update from 18 April 2024 in the original post.

James

Jodycody
Investigator
Investigator

To answer a couple of the questions I keep seeing.

1. Where is affected?

To the best of my knowledge

RM11 & RM12

2. How long will it take to put a new mast in

On my call to EE a month ago they said it is quite a long process and could be some months before a permanent mast is installed.

They were looking for temporary positions but even that takes time and I don't think they've found one yet

2. Will we get a refund

Only if you ask.

We got a months charges back and have been told to call back at the beginning of May if still an issue ... Will be doing so on 1st

Generally

Even with WIFi calling, calls do drop out but it is better than nothing! 

It's a shocker that they are not actually just freezing charges until this is resolved.

I've told everyone I know to claim! 

Jw031
Explorer

I switched to Vodafone yesterday and they have 4/5 bars and 150+ download speeds for 5G in the RM11 1 and RM12 4 area. The EE technical team were able to waive my disconnection fee because of the ongoing issue. They also said I was better off switching because the mast will be down for quite some time as they still have to apply for permissions to get the new mast set up and then build it. If you do switch make sure you get them to remove the disconnection fee. 

Good luck!

Also thanks @Hughzy for suggesting to switch to Vodafone 🙂

Sarahjp10
Visitor

Hi, how is this acceptable when we pay a lot for our phone lines. Hornchurch is my work place where I spend 8 hours, 5 days a week and I can not make or receive phones  calls. This is so inconvenient for my daughter’s school and also my hospital consultant.