cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Hornchurch

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 18 April 2024

Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed. We have located two potential areas for a new mast, one permanent mast and a temporary mast to restore coverage as quickly as possible. We are currently conducting surveys at both locations to make sure the sites will be suitable for the equipment.

For the permanent mast, pending a positive outcome from the surveys and the area will be suitable for the equipment, we can start legal steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider and start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

For the temporary mast, pending a positive outcome from the surveys and the area will be suitable, our engineers will start building the equipment needed for the mast and confirm an approximate on-air date this summer.

We will keep you updated on this post.

We are aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in the Hornchurch area. Our mast in the area had to be removed from the existing site in March 2024, as this was requested by the landowner.

Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed. We have located two potential areas for a new mast and are currently conducting surveys to make sure the locations will be suitable for the equipment. Pending a positive outcome and a new area that will be suitable, we can start legal steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider and start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

We will keep you updated on this post.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may be able to use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection. 

For information on who can use WiFi Calling and how to set up this service, please see our Using WiFi Calling, Help page.

45 REPLIES 45
Cii
Visitor

Can you confirm which areas in Hornchurch are affected or provide a map showing this? As I submitted an issue again and received a text today after this post, at 11.46 that they could not find a problem contrary to above and your coverage checker which is now saying again that it’s looking into a problem in the area. What is the estimated timescale as I’ve been affected by this since 18 March?

Dai-mondGeezer
Visitor

I agree wit Cil's posting. Since 18th March, I have submitted a few incidents, and each time was told there was no issue. Why has it taken until now to tell us that the mast was removed and has not yet been installed elsewhere.  Very poor customer service. 

DonnaJ71
Visitor

Can we expect a refund on our monthly bill?

It’s mainly RM11 1…..the high street. I believe they have removed the mast by queens theatre 

Essex1980
Visitor

Today I Spoke to EE and after many conversations since March they have now said they need to put a new mast up in Hornchurch area and will take up to 7 months 

hello i spoke to ee in march with this issue and they gave me next 2 months bills as a credit and nothing to pay...

It's also RM 12 4.. despite using wi -fi calling, my phone still either cuts out or people can't get through,  4 weeks now, not good enough kee getting messages to say it's been fixed but hasn't!

Cllr-Middleton
Visitor

Please let me know at what stage you are for locating and installing a new mast. 

What are the time lines for the completion of the job and what can you do in order to help the residents in the area during the transition? 

Will this be temporary mobile masts? Can you boost the power of other masts?

spot on rm11 end of town. the ee staff told me 2-3 weeks.