cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

St. Albans phone aignal

S1monJohn
Investigator
Investigator

My signal is terrible and will drop out multiple times over a short period. This seems not just to be confined to my address but locally too! I don’t have Wi-Fi at home so can’t use this. 

I lose calls, can’t make calls sometimes. I know it’s not the phone as I swooped it out. I’ve reset phone and still no joy. 
A while back I went in to the Ee shop in town and was told that during COVID the masts went down and have yet to be repaired 

this is unacceptable, if true. 

I also tried multiple times to send complaint via app but kept losing signal   Anyone else have this?

2 REPLIES 2
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @S1monJohn 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your service, do we have any known problems or maintenance showing for your area on the EE Coverage & Network Status Checker if you enter your postcode and select 'check status'? 

Thanks.

Leanne.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

You can safely conclude the Covid explanation is at best "inventive".

Is this a recent problem, or a long-term one? Coverage issues are inevitable with all networks, none have complete blanket coverage and all have poor areas. Does the coverage you get, broadly match that predicted by the "check coverage" option on https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee ?

Or are you having problems with call & mobile data performance when your phone shows good coverage? The advice differs between the two scenarios.