Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new upgraded i phone 14 & SIM and NO EE network/ tech says mast down in my area

Shubhu
Investigator
Investigator

I upgraded from iphone 11 to 14 and inserted the new SIM

Transferred all data - waited for 0ver 30 hrs now but no EE network

Phoned using son's vodaphone and 45 mins later the tech tells me that the mast in my area- St Albans AL3 is broken and I will not have any EE network for 2 weeks min 

I will have to pay 50ppminute for the 45 mins call

If I drove to a different area - I will have network - drove all over St Albans - no network 

Please help - I need to use my phone for work

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Both the iPhone 11 & iPhone 14 use a nano-SIM, so you should have just used your existing working SIM in your new phone.

You can check for, report, and get updates on, known issues on the status website - click "check status"

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee 

You can use WiFi-calling to continue using your phone anytime you have indoor coverage issues for whatever reason.

Thanks

Coverage is fine but still no network

flying out in 3 days and need network

bristolian
Legend
Legend

What do you mean by "coverage is fine but still no network" - does your phone display signal indicators?

If yes - what happens when you try making a call?

If no - does either of your old SIM or new SIM work in your old phone?

I have the wi fi bars but no EE signal so I can’t make calls or receive texts 

checked coverage in my area and there’s no issues

should I reinsert my SIM

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you have a working WiFi connection, then you can enable WiFi calling and use your phone for calls & texts without needing mobile coverage.

A replacement SIM is often supplied with upgrade phones incase there is a problem with your existing SIM or it doesn't fit your new phone. Does your existing SIM still work in your old phone? If so, put it into your new phone.

Shubhu
Investigator
Investigator

Appreciate your advice 🙏🏽