cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data gifting not working

8388ehdan
Explorer

I have a reoccurring problem when I cannot gift data, the app does not work and I cannot gift on the website (desktop or mobile). I am on the verge of leaving EE as i've spent literally days speaking to them and nobody seems to be able to tell me why or offer a fix.

Screenshot 2023-06-16 220202.png

60 REPLIES 60
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @8388ehdan 

I am sorry to hear this is happening when you are trying to gift data. 

Do you get the same message in the My EE app? 

Did our customer care team gift data whilst this is being looked into for you? 

Leanne.

App does not load, so no idea what is up. Have not spoken to customer care as I do not have the time to speak to them every time just to gift data

Leanne_T

Hi @8388ehdan 

If you are unable to access your My EE app, can you try deleting the app then going to the play/app store searching My EE and redownload the app, does this work for you? 

If not, what happens when you log in?

Leanne 🙂

WildEagle
Investigator
Investigator

Same here when using the App on mobile, it's intermittent, sometimes ok other times gives the message were unable to load that data, try logging out and back in.

That never works either, terrible app, currently sitting in an EE shop trying hard not to vent at an innocent worker, that's acting about as helpful as a Chocolate fire guard.

Same here no gift data works on app or desktop just keeps asking to try again or on desktop just keeps trying to reload on not loading up? Please Advise

This is the same for me too. Frequently the app says there are technical issues and the website will say the same. We have four accounts on EE that I can gift data across, this is pointless if there isn't the facility to do it. Considering taking the four accounts elsewhere if they can't fix it. It's been glitching for months. 

Hannah_here
Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot_2023-08-14-14-30-32-56_bc15f63c41a0c6fb199a22eda058b64b.jpg

Christopher_G

Could you try closing the app and re-loading it up again please, @Hannah_here? I've tested my app and it seems to be OK.

Chris

I've closed and restarted it and uninstalled it and reloaded it. It worked for one data gift but now the same issue has come back. This has glitched for months and there's a number of posts saying the same thing. It needs looking at properly. 

I'll continue trying but it shouldn't be so inconsistent and the app team should be spending time sorting it instead of me having to keep coming back to it to see if it's fixed.