cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data gifting not working

8388ehdan
Explorer

I have a reoccurring problem when I cannot gift data, the app does not work and I cannot gift on the website (desktop or mobile). I am on the verge of leaving EE as i've spent literally days speaking to them and nobody seems to be able to tell me why or offer a fix.

Screenshot 2023-06-16 220202.png

61 REPLIES 61
5kywa1ker
Contributor
Contributor

Frankly, I am sick and tired of getting this error. I have three family phones linked to my account all sharing data and EE are quite pathetic in perpetuating this error that is clearly their fault and no one is bothered in sorting for us. 

I am voting with my feet and now closing all my EE accounts after 10 frustrating years with them!!

Glenn19771
Visitor

I have the same issue for 3 days now unable to share data, all I get his try again later.  I have tried deleting and downloading the app and also tried going on website.  I have 5 lines with EE but this is very frustrating.  Maybe it's time to change supplier.

IMO Drop Kevin Bacon 🥓 and use that revenue to spend on the app, and hire some lil 16 year old hacker he have the app up how it should be in no time, what they're doing and the team on it, just ain't upto the job.

Yes, I too am a long standing customer even when they were Orange!

We have four accounts with the gifting data element the main reason we're all under the same account. I put in my complaint and was told it was an individual problem even though so many of us have this problem. It's been ongoing for some time, you would think they'd have the budget and personnel to fix it. 

Hopefully they read these comments and put a team on it to sort it out 🤞

Leanne, it's both app and desktop! All EE have to do is read the forums and they will see how widespread this error/problem is on ALL PLATFORMS. It's not just an inconvenience. Many families use data gifting as a way to top up children's phones so they can track them coming to and from school/other places - it actually becomes a safety issue when accounts are left without data and no way of topping it up. All EE seem to do is reply to the odd comment in forums, asking the same questions that have already been answered on the thread; nothing is done, nothing is taken forwards. This isn't an isolated issue, it's incredibly widespread yet EE don't seem to care one bit. Surely your app developers can be more on the ball than this. I agree with another poster - remove budget from celebrity ads and actually use it to produce an app that provides the service you're charging your customers a hell of a lot of money for. 

I'm having this issue as well, I can say that this issue from a Mobile App point of view has been there since last year, and I then ended up going to the website, now both are not working.

I did call EE and got the same templated 1st line instructions - can you please escalate this problem as a matter of urgency as clearly more than one customer is facing this issue and I suspect EE has a fundamental problem with this platform. 

Grace_81
Visitor

My son need data urgently to catch the train but when the data not able to transfer to him lot trouble

thedanalcantara
Explorer

I've lost a significant amount of time this morning trying to solve this same problem. I cannot get through to Data Gifting on the app or on the website on any browser. Now the pages simply won't load at all. This is unacceptable.

thedanalcantara
Explorer

This isn't a workable solution to an ongoing problem.

Dunc1961
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I ended up getting them to do it on the chat as the app has been down for days for most it seems but not all, EE said they are working on a fix but no time or date when it will be.