cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data gifting not working

8388ehdan
Explorer

I have a reoccurring problem when I cannot gift data, the app does not work and I cannot gift on the website (desktop or mobile). I am on the verge of leaving EE as i've spent literally days speaking to them and nobody seems to be able to tell me why or offer a fix.

Screenshot 2023-06-16 220202.png

61 REPLIES 61
James481
Visitor

I’m having the same problem and have done for months now.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @James481 

Do you have the same problem using the app and My EE through a web browser? 

Do you get an error message when trying to gift data? 

Leanne 🙂

Beccy77
Explorer

Same issue here AGAIN. It's getting ridiculous. My son was left with no way for me to gift him data and he needed data to use his maps etc and figure out where he was/get in touch with me. It's clearly a widespread issue. SORT IT OUT EE!!!!!

I sent them a messenger message from their Facebook page and they've raised it as a complaint and the tech team are looking at it. Might be worth doing the same? It's gone on for months now. When I log in to the website instead of the app it would usually work but recently even that hasn't worked.

But hopefully the tech team get it fixed as it seems to be affecting quite a lot of us. 🙄

Leanne_T

Hi @Beccy77 

Thanks for coming here. 

Are you logging into the My EE app or My EE account online? 

Do you get an error message? 

Leanne.

Leanne_T

Thanks for reporting this to us @Hannah_here  

If you are unable to gift data using the app and My EE online this would need looking into. 

Hope this is sorted soon for you. 

Leanne.

volkswarren
Investigator
Investigator

Same for me hasn’t worked properly for months, I can’t give anyone data and I’ve logged off the app, deleted and reloaded the app and no joy.

ios

I actually just got it working, while in the app logged on, I put my phone into airplane mode, left it for a few seconds to disconnect, then turned airplane mode off, gifting worked fine in the app after that.

scotty151
Visitor

I cannot get the data gifting to work I've tried closing and  removing the app but nothing is working even on the web site using my laptop it's not working.

I've had problems today too even though I've been told it's fixed. Eventually I got it to work on the website through my phone but the app wouldn't work for gifting at all. Lots of people are having the same issue, you'd think a company as big as EE would have sorted it now; the complaints for this issue go back months.