Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

719 REPLIES 719

@les2391 : You never checked out the link they wanted you to click on. It was obviously not EE's domain ee.co.uk.

Report spam texts to your network provider by forwarding the text to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I unfortunately got sucked into this and have also cancelled my card 🤦‍♀️

Fingers crossed that works, for you as well 🙂

Rita662
Visitor

Yes I have

You still need to cancel your card and get a new one, stay safe 👍

A PYNAERT
Absolutely great nice one, those vermin need termination, it's so sick to
do these dirty deeds, stay safe 👍

A PYNAERT
Jackie05
Visitor

I got a txt message saying I had 5549 points to use up in 2 or 3 days it showed several products all at 5000 points I clicked onto a smartwatch xith headphones I soon realised when it used foe my bank details it was a scam 

Steviewizkid
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Did you enter any personal details like your bank account, or mobile number if you have please contact your bank straight away they will need to cancel your card and please forward the message to EE on 7726 spam

No... I was reading it snd about to and then said wait... let me see what
the points will give me and I was like hahaha no no no

I got a message saying I had enough points for some headphones how do I check when they'll arrive. 

@beckiboo1 : You won't be getting it. Instead some scammers will be depleting your bank a/c unless you get on to your bank ASAP.

It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Report spam texts to your network provider by forwarding the text to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)