cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi to garden office (Ethernet to wireless)

Adele8207
Visitor

Hi there,

I ‘m hoping someone can help as my Googling is going in circles! 🤣

I have bt/ee broadband in my house already but I need to get it to a garden office (already built years ago before we moved in) which is 25-30 metres away from the house in a rural ish area. 

In this office I need to connect a desktop, laptop and smart tv (and likely teenagers vr headset/phone etc. too)

Ive just bought the power line adaptors which do work a tiny bit but are very very slow (inside house download speed 300mbps - garden office showing download speed  4.69 mbps 😬)

From what I’ve read, my best bet will be to run an outdoor Ethernet cable direct from the router to the office so it can be hardwired which I guess works great if I only wanted the one desktop connected. BUT what I’m stuck on is, how can I get multiple wireless devices like vr, mobiles, tablets etc to connect in that building if there’s just the Ethernet connection? 

Can I use the wifi power line adaptors I already have and put one inside connected by Ethernet to the router and the second in the garden office connected to the mega long Ethernet from the same wifi? (instead of just trying to get the wifi via the home electrics in the garden)

OR, is there some other little gadget that connects to the end of the long Ethernet from the house and magically beams a wireless signal just as strong as the house (or close) that multiple things can wifi onto? 

It’s baffling me I have to say and any help or links/guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, a WiFi Access Point.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)