cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

722 REPLIES 722
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @marshallwm96 

Welcome to the community.

Yes, that is a scam. Could you forward the message to 7726 please? It's a free message and it'll go through to a security team who'll investigate it.
Chris

If we are taking about the same reward scheme, you have been scammed, check
with your bank.....
Report it to the scam line and tell people
Jennyfaethebloc
Investigator
Investigator

+44 7535 268515 yes this number is one of the Scams. It's ridiculous amd I'm now getting 3 messages a day. 🤔😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬. 

@Jennyfaethebloc   If it’s the same number every time then just block the number on your device 

It's not the same number it's diffrent numbers and I've reported everyone of them. 

Waynepm
Visitor

Yes me too the phone  number fir this scam is 07466444767 

I put my phone number in but nothing else seemed to happen. Which they already had as they sent me the text? Not sure how much risk ive been exposed to?

@mb1a1 : They only had your phone no. by randomly pulling it out of a hat but it probably doesn't matter.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

My number was released in a Facebook scrape according to Google security anyway, so it was out there, I guess they know im on EE now as well but not much more than that hopefully