cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

737 REPLIES 737

I contacted EE through message they asked for the number and also gave me a number to text to report it. We got caught out by it as well! Have you cancelled bank cards used? Tell bank its scam, hope this helps 

Most definitely yes report it to your bank and don't hang about if your
bank details are on it. 👍

A PYNAERT
Steviewizkid
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes do not click on any of the links 

essexkath
Investigator
Investigator

hi hun ive just received this text 

EE points program reminds you:
Since you are a high-quality user of our company, we will give you some points as a gift. The points will expire in three working days. Please click on the link below to use your points to redeem prizes in time!

http://tinyurl.com/M5ntW?qzC=6kdp0a8Txy

(Click the link now or copy and open in Google.)

EE wishes you a good trip!

Is this a scam ..i cant see anything on my account ?

Steviewizkid
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes this is a scam

@essexkath : Report texts to your network provider by forwarding the text to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Yes it's a scam and you need to report it to your bank and local authority
or online authority 👍

A PYNAERT
DMF1957
Investigator
Investigator

Yes got one this morning 07401560311

PeterBrowne
Visitor

EE needs to act on this scam, very professional and dangerous to new customers.

I also had this text and put in my bank details, I have cancelled my card will this stop them frombusing my card in the future?