cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering switching from Sky Stream

thomasjf
Explorer

Hello

I am considering switching to EETV from Sky Stream.

I like the price and the fact that I can use AppleTV 4k to access the service. I am looking for the experience of the other users to help guide my decision as I can't find that much information online.

Specifically,...

- Will the Apple TV be a fully functioning Apple TV?
- Is there any difference in the EETV service on an AppleTV when compared to the 'standard' tv boxes?
- Will I be able to log into EETV on my existing AppleTV 4k? If so, is there any difference in service compared to an EE-suppled AppleTV 4k?
- What is the UHD/4k offering like on EETV? Is this also available on AppleTV?
- Is there a multi-room option available with Apple TVs?
- Is there a decent internet signal across the whole-home?
- Is there any likelihood that Sky Sports will be available in UHD on EETV anytime in the future?
- Are there any other considerations/differences that I have not thought of?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help 🙂

Thomas

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenDev
EE Employee

Yes, the Apple TV provided as part of the contract is fully functional.

The Apple TV cannot record - this is the main difference from the TV Box Pro.  It also cannot currently offer Atmos sound on TNT Sports Ultimate.  That's all I can think of?

You can log into EE TV on your own Apple TV, but you won't receive the Freeview channels on it - this is a requirement from our content providers.

UHD/4K content is currently very limited from EE TV, but we're looking to improve it.

Multi-room isn't available with the Apple TV box.  You can order up to 2 TV Box Mini's to watch TV in other rooms.

If your home struggles with wifi signal, there is a "EE Smart WiFi" option, which provides mesh wifi boosters throughout the home.

Sky Sports UHD is not currently available, but we're always looking to add channels - hopefully soon, but I cannot say for sure.

Thanks for your reply @DarrenDev 

Could you clear up one thing for me?

You mentioned multi-room is not available but also that I could log into EETV on any existing AppleTV 4ks that I own. This would seem to create a multi-room setup?

Thanks,
Thomas

Sorry, that was very poor wording on my part.  It's not possible to have multiple Apple TVs with the Freeview experience - you can only have a single Apple TV with full access to all channels.  You can have TV Box Minis in addition to the Apple TV, to offer the Freeview channels.

If you use a personally bought Apple TV, you won't receive the Freeview channels - you'll have access to TNT Sports 1-10 and discovery channels, plus all the other on-demand and rented/purchased content.