Broadband & Landline

Post here to ask/answer questions around home broadband and landline

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection?

To effectively help you with any Broadband speed or connection issues we would need to see some hard data about your line after carrying out a few short tests for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.   Using ...

NTE5_fl NTE5_all_2 Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 2 replies
  • 10 Helpful

Changing Your WiFi Password on a Smart Hub

You may have seen in the News that some ISPs have had a security breach whereby their users' routers WiFi passwords have been hacked. You might want to change the WiFi password of your EE Smart Hub router in case a similar attack is made against EE's...

XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Helpful

Home phone line advertised pricing confusion?

When I look up your broadband plans, for standard fibre, you say a phone line plan can be added for £8 a month. Yet when I am given the options for selecting a plan at checkout, the minimum is £9.15 for an inclusive calls plan? Why is this?

MrL92 by Investigator
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Smart Hub lossing conection

HiI got EE for years but in last 2 weeks broadband start lossing conection in chester  . It happens randomly but at leat few times a day ,I need to hard restart hub to be able to conect again . I try factory reset ,change filter but still happening ....

grusiu by Investigator
  • 17 replies
  • 2 Helpful

wifi contract with EE

I am a Landlord of a building with two flats - Downstairs is Flat1 and Upstairs is Flat 2. One of the rwo tenants of Flat 1 has sent the following message " Our wifi contract has run out,our provider ee has offered us a new contract ,but it requires ...

mathi by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Resolved! Recieve incoming landline calls without phone line?

quick question, if I opt for broadband without a phone line, will I still be able to recieve incoming phone calls through the landline phone? I know some people have a set up like this but wanted to be sure.  And I'm referring to the Phone Line not L...

MrL92 by Investigator
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Problem Splitting bands

Hi. Had my full fibre installed today and working ok.The issue I have got is that when I go to split the bands and re-name I don’t see the separate bands toggle and can’t see the name of the 5GHz band,Rung technical support and they have done it for ...

BF0F219A-1BD9-469C-AEF0-E47A4D6E30E5.png 5B944BD2-2260-4064-BD5B-3D6275F827D5.jpeg

Broadband speeds

Why can you not contact EE by email? As my query relates to Broadband Speed availability. At present I have a contracted speed of 18MB, my neighbour could sign up for 73MB, yes a slightly more modern house. But I keep receiving mail shots from local ...

budgend1 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Packet Delay on multiple hops to game servers.

Hello there, New EE customer here!While i'm very happy with the Speeds, Loaded latency and Unloaded latency i've been suffering with a lot of Packet Delay to multiple game servers. I'm no stranger to seeing this issue being a 25+ years veteran of com...

PacketDelayMJ1.png
MJ1955 by Investigator
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Terrible speeds on 4gee home broadband.

I'm going to have a moan here regarding the last couple of weeks service i've been receiving.I'm on an unlimited plan, 4gee plan, due to living in a rural area where the landline speeds are a joke. First 3 weeks, it has worked flawlessly, 30+mbs down...

Luwi by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Helpful