cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Broadband APP WifI Controls not working

Mart30
Explorer

I have recently signed up to EE Broadband.   My broadband is working fine, however the APP WiFi controls feature and the Wifi enhancer are not available on the app or via the website.   An error message appears and states it is a problem with EE.  I  have spoken with the technical team at EE on two occasions and they have recommended i reinstall the APP and restart the router.  I have now done this many times and the APP features are still not working.   This is very very VERY frustrating!    I am going in circles with the EE technical team and it is not clear how or if this will be resolved.  EE is not living up to expectations.  If there is an issue, i would prefer EE acknowledge the fault and advise when it will be fixed rather than directing me to do the same thing over and over again (i.e reinstall the app).   Can anybody help?   Is this new feature just a myth?

216 REPLIES 216
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mart30 : Many others are experiencing this too. Just search this forum. Mine says that I don't have permission to view Manage page.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Angelis90
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue, been on the phone to EE and they don't know what to do either. 

John-C
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Angelis90 and @Mart30, sorry that you're not able to get the Wifi controls working. 
I've sent you both a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for help fixing this.

Cheers

John

Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Hey John, 

I’m under TMC regarding this issue. 
They have informed me that there is an issue that they have had to raise with the makers/system designers in relation to this issue we are all facing. 

The TMC did say they are trying to work out why only a small portion of customers are being affected by this issue when others seem to have no issues at all. 
One did mention there could be some kind of data corruption with some accounts preventing the controls to work eg the app not being able to detect the user broadband account properly thus disabling the functionality for the user. 

Hopefully this will be sorted soon but I’m sure the bugs will be sorted at some point 👌

Soon as I find out anymore I’ll let all know 👌👌

Eddy
piercy87
Explorer

Hi i have also got this same issue, for months i could not aceess the app, just a spinning wheel, i spoke to technical and got over this issue, but now i want to update the password for my new wifi i get this message that says we cant load this information. I cannot access this through the browser as it just says i need to go thourgh the app. EE is an absoute shambles atm 

John-C

Hi @piercy87, sorry that you're having trouble trying to change your password on the app. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for help with this.

Cheers

John

My App also doesn’t let me manage anything to do with my broadband. Bit annoying when the reason I stayed with EE is so that I can monitor and change allowances for different devices via the app. 

John-C

Hi @AlexP1108, sorry you're having trouble changing allowances on the app since you stayed with us. 
Have you called in and reported the problem yet? If not and you need help getting the fault logged let us know.

Cheers

John

SMiller100
Contributor
Contributor

I have just 'upgraded' (apparently) from BT to the new EE smart WiFi. Had perfect control previously via the BT app. Now my smart wifi is connected but I have NO CONTROL of it. The EE app tells me I don't have permission to access the controls and manage it, and doing a wifi search won't connect it. In my wifi networks I also have "EE WIFI" but no login details. The customer service assistant was poor and told me to look online as it was easier than explaining but there are no adequate instructions for this useless bit of equipment. So disappointed at how unprofessional EE have been and the fact I can no longer control what devices have access to my own WiFi. So much for an upgrade, I had more access 5 years ago through Sky, this has gone backwards. I was sold the contract on the basis that it was better wifi and there was full control of it. Does anyone have any ideas how to actually get it to work, as clearly EE do not.