cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Broadband APP WifI Controls not working

Mart30
Explorer

I have recently signed up to EE Broadband.   My broadband is working fine, however the APP WiFi controls feature and the Wifi enhancer are not available on the app or via the website.   An error message appears and states it is a problem with EE.  I  have spoken with the technical team at EE on two occasions and they have recommended i reinstall the APP and restart the router.  I have now done this many times and the APP features are still not working.   This is very very VERY frustrating!    I am going in circles with the EE technical team and it is not clear how or if this will be resolved.  EE is not living up to expectations.  If there is an issue, i would prefer EE acknowledge the fault and advise when it will be fixed rather than directing me to do the same thing over and over again (i.e reinstall the app).   Can anybody help?   Is this new feature just a myth?

218 REPLIES 218
Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Daz3131,

Welcome back and thank you for posting!

I am sorry you're also experiencing this problem.  I have sent you a private message.  Please reply with the info asked for and we will take it from there.

Thanks,

Robbie

cpayne88
Investigator
Investigator

@Robbie-Mac 

Is there a fix for this now? I’ve spoken to support a few times now just to be told it’s a known issue and I’ll hear back when it’s fixed which I haven’t yet!

Still waiting for a fix

Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

What device are you using? @ALL  @cpayne88 @Mart30 @Daz3131 @johnels791 @Robbie-Mac 
apologies if I @ you, just trying to tag all in the chat to retrieve some devices used and software running on devices.

I have been on the phone to the TMC (Technical Management Centre) and as of yet they are still trying to find out what the issue are for some customers. 

They are also asking customers what devices they are using to try and narrow down if it’s specific devices or device software that could be a issue aswell as it seems to be a lot of customers with the new iPhone 15 Pro that are experiencing this issue, I know some with the 15 Max pro on this chat have managed to get it to work. 

I have tried two iPhone 15 pros, iPad, iPhone XS, none work. But they are all upto date on IOS 17+ so can’t check if it works on IOS 16… 

I am trying to find different android devices to see if the controls will work on them but my little one have COVID so can’t borrow families devices to check yet. I have noticed the recent EE app update has also stopped access to the shop and now gives an error message and can’t access broadband bills. 

If we can all make list of devices used/tried and software they are using and put them here I can pass this along to the TMC as all the information we can help provide may aid them in finding the issues quicker. 

My Devices tested with software 

EE app version 5.28.0 - 520573 

2x iPhone 15 pro models… IOS 17.1 - 17.2 

iPad (8th Gen)… 17.1 - 17.2

Eddy
MsB76
Explorer

Same issue here. My EE broadband went live today but I can't manage my it, which means I can't block access to certain things online to protect my children. The app doesn't seem to be recognising the hub and repeatedly asks me to scan the hubs QR code, which I do but then nothing happens. The broadband is working fine but really not happy at not being able to control the access to it.

Please let me know how to fix this issue as I too can’t access WiFi controls on the EE app. 

@GavinL : You can't! You have to wait for CS to fix it for you. Have you reported it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I'll report it tomorrow. It's not great really, one of EE's main selling points was being able to control the WiFi from the app.

Each time I try it tells me I need to set up the hub, the hub which has already been set up since this morning 🙄

Although at least it's stopped telling me to download the EE app whilst I'm actually using said app.

Gazzeck
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue with the WiFi Contols in the EE App, since recently transferring from BT. I have 3 EE WiFi extending discs but cannot get into the WiFi Controls on the App to see what is connected to each of them like I used to be able to with my BT set up. I have re-booted my router and uninstalld and re-installed the EE App on my mobile phone several times as advised, but to no avail? I have reported this to the Customer Services Team, but so far the issue has not been resolved.

Daniel-S
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MsB76, @Gazzeck and @GavinL,

We would be best looking into this for all of you and getting you through to someone that can help.

I'm going to send you all a private message each that you can reply back to my team on.

Thank you

Daniel-S