cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Broadband APP WifI Controls not working

Mart30
Explorer

I have recently signed up to EE Broadband.   My broadband is working fine, however the APP WiFi controls feature and the Wifi enhancer are not available on the app or via the website.   An error message appears and states it is a problem with EE.  I  have spoken with the technical team at EE on two occasions and they have recommended i reinstall the APP and restart the router.  I have now done this many times and the APP features are still not working.   This is very very VERY frustrating!    I am going in circles with the EE technical team and it is not clear how or if this will be resolved.  EE is not living up to expectations.  If there is an issue, i would prefer EE acknowledge the fault and advise when it will be fixed rather than directing me to do the same thing over and over again (i.e reinstall the app).   Can anybody help?   Is this new feature just a myth?

218 REPLIES 218
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SMiller100 I'm sorry that you're having trouble with the wifi controls, please can you reboot your Hub and wait 24 hours. Reply back and let me know if that works.

Thanks

Neil

johnels791
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@John-C , Hi, can you include me too please, as im having the same issues. Thank s

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.
Previously EE 900Mb/110Mb
Asus Axe11000 Zenwifi Pro Et12
Paddy-B

Hi @johnels791,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with the Wifi controls. Have you tried rebooting the hub as suggested by @Neil-O in the previous post? If you haven't tried that please give it a go and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks

Paddy

johnels791
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi @Paddy-B

Yes, I have certainly tried all the usuals, hub reboot, app delete and reinstall to no avail. Im exploring the possibility that they account is not setup correctly or its a BT/EE glitch with the New EE service.

The EE Diagnostics Bot on 66033 can’t match my details to an account, the hub manager broadband performance test brings up a page to register for a EE ID, so baffled as to whats causing the issue?

John Els

Hi. I have tried that and it still does not work. But in the meantime EE have kindly sent me first bill 😡

piercy87
Explorer

I am also having the same issue. Transferred over from bt, cannot access WiFi controls. App not working, no way to access WiFi controls via the hubs admin. Forced to use an app that isn’t working. Completely frustrating EE has no idea what the issue is. They’ve admitted to me it’s a bug in the app with it being so new.  But they don’t know what the bug or cause is. All they say is they’ll keep me updated. Absolutely bonkers service from EE. rushing out new tec without testing and causing loads of issues. 

Rutter1
Explorer

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem, I've rebooted the router and reinstalled the app, and the tech guys from EE didn't have a clue..its really frustrating as that was one of the reasons I chose to join EE ..

Robbie-Mac

Hi @johnels791 @SMiller100 @Rutter1

I am sorry for the problems you guys are having with EE Wi-fi controls.  I have sent each of you a private message with guidance on how you can get through to us and we'll give you a hand from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

johnels791
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Robbie-Mac , Thank you, I have replied. 

John 

Daz3131
Visitor

I am also having this problem I only changed so I can control my Internet easier with the children but I can't even do that