Broadband & Landline

Post here to ask/answer questions around home broadband and landline

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection?

To effectively help you with any Broadband speed or connection issues we would need to see some hard data about your line after carrying out a few short tests for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.   Using ...

NTE5_fl NTE5_all_2 Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 2 replies
  • 10 Helpful

Changing Your WiFi Password on a Smart Hub

You may have seen in the News that some ISPs have had a security breach whereby their users' routers WiFi passwords have been hacked. You might want to change the WiFi password of your EE Smart Hub router in case a similar attack is made against EE's...

XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Helpful

Is My Router Being Jammed?

Hi Guys, Just after midnight a few days ago I noticed that my EE Smart Router had the green circle light change to a solid yellow light, meaning that the router had lost its link to the internet. I have two EE Smart Disks as well and so I rebooted th...

X-Wing by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Resolved! How to change DNS on EE smart router

Hi, i want to block certain websites using OpenDNS but i can't set their DNS servers on the Advanced Settings/Broadband/Internet page. I tried disconnecting but they are still uneditable.  I've tried in Firefox, Chrome and Edge.  Thanks, Gary. 

router page.jpg
blipblop by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Resolved! No landline broadband London

I've had no home landline broadband in TW5 9BQ since yesterday evening. All router green lights are solid except 3rd green one down is blinking. Mobile signal ok for all sites.I've not changed anything.Mobile WiFi symbol has a small cross it plus 'No...

Arran099 by Skilled Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Tracking Order placed by Engineer

An EE engineer came on Tuesday to check our smart hub and within 3 minutes said it was broken as he couldn't connect to it and said he had ordered a new one which should be with us in 24 to 48 hours. I want given a tracking order though - how do I tr...

Resolved! authentication problem

I have recently moved address and brought my home broadband router and contract with me. Since then, my mobile is having issues with connecting to broadband at home. It can sometimes (generally automatically), but if connection is dropped, it's impos...

smigol by Investigator
  • 9 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Router dropping off

Hi all, my EE router has had a mind of its own this weekend. Engineer came today and mentioned having a back up router. Lost work and pay as a result, so need something reliable as a back up. Thoughts anyone? 

BabsGH by Investigator
  • 11 replies
  • 3 Helpful

Broadband upgrade

Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my broadband and see that the deal is "without land-line" does this mean that when the upgrade is activates my land-line dies or is it then reverted back to the original provider which was bt. Sorry for the stupid questi...

WIFI password

I am using a USB dongle with a Sim card in to get broadband. Other than using it in a laptop, I would like to use it on several devices.Am I right in thinking in a list of WIFI, it comes up as 4GEE Router - 552W? If so, it is asking for a password wh...

Swifty6 by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 Helpful

billing

why is my bill so high just for broadband, i can get it cheaper from BT and Virgin, I am going to cancel and move to another provider if the cost does not come down plus I see you are offering it much cheaper on an advert on TV

Ruth2603 by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Helpful