Broadband & Landline

Post here to ask/answer questions around home broadband and landline

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection?

To effectively help you with any Broadband speed or connection issues we would need to see some hard data about your line after carrying out a few short tests for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.   Using ...

NTE5_fl NTE5_all_2 Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 2 replies
  • 10 Helpful

Changing Your WiFi Password on a Smart Hub

You may have seen in the News that some ISPs have had a security breach whereby their users' routers WiFi passwords have been hacked. You might want to change the WiFi password of your EE Smart Hub router in case a similar attack is made against EE's...

XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Helpful

Full Fibre

How close does my router need to be to the new internal box that Openreach are fitting next week. Also, will the connection be with an Ethernet cable. 

No land line

My land line is coming up with invalid no reported 2 weeks ago but I said I'm with bt so sent a message to bt but still not working but I'm with you for my landline 

Internet

Just to inform you that I have lost all connection with my BT internet tonight and all my family. This is absolutely disgusting behaviour by your company. This is not the first time I've lost internet. I'm paying enough money to yourselves in this st...

Move broadband to EE

Hi,when I agreed to move my broadband to EE i was told that EE would pay my vancellation fee. This has not happened and BT have taken £30 From my bank to cover this.how do i claim this back from EEthanksOlwen

Olwenj by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Helpful

EE broadband

I received a call from EE saying that my broadband was getting set up on 2 Sep 22. i am still waiting on it i waiting home all day

UPnP

Hi - I have uPnP disabled on my router by choice. I notice a secondary option named "uPnP" enhanced security" - should this be enabled or disabled if my ultimate goal is for enhanced general security, or does it not matter given UPNP is disabled as a...

lumb by Investigator
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Full fibre broadband installation

We've just signed up for full fibre broadband. The information we received after we had completed the order states we need a double electrical plug socket. We don't have a wall socket near to where the box will be. Could we use extension leads instea...

lxg824 by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Optical fibre broken

The optical fibre of the broadband is broken, we are tenants moved in this address since June 2022, and it was broken since we moved in, but not completely broken, still connected with single fibre, now is 1000% broken and no internet connection. We ...

esko by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Wifi signal

Wifi was brilliant last month got a new router sent out and the upload speed is shockingly slow 0.6mgb clearly states on the website I’d receive a minimum speed of 16 download speed isn’t even close to that what exactly am I paying for other than a t...

Re: EE Broadband keeps dropping out

I hope you can help us XRaySpeX, we've been with EE a while and had issues with dropping out with our BrightBox, before we renewed we sought assurances this would be fixed and they sent us their latest Smart Hub - their systems guy tweaked some setti...

Smart Hub Info.PNG Screenshot 2022-09-03 084937 broadband availability check.png
Bsmart by Investigator
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Helpful