cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to place an Order

BabyManatee
Investigator
Investigator

So my current landline and Broadband contract expires soon and I'm looking to change to EE. I am also looking at replacing Sky with a streaming TV service
Here's where I get confused.
If I look at EE broadband, I can keep my existing landline number and don't need a digital phone. However I can't add EE TV
But if I select EE TV, I get asked the same do I want to keep my number question, but the package appears to be broadline only and apparently digital phone is unavailable due to connection speed.
Am I missing some option to keep my landline number?

A second question, is my area is currently have FTTP installed, Openreach are added the roadside cabinets, but these no completion date. So if I order on a 24 month contract, and FTTP arrives soon, am I locked into the existing speed for 2 years or would the contract allow me to change to FTTP without penalties?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you migrate your BB to EE now you can keep your landline no., but it will be Digital Voice.

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
BabyManatee
Investigator
Investigator

Is this what you meant?

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 13.31.41.png

Yes, thanks.

You can't get FTTP there yet but you can get 330 Meg G.Fast (EE's Fibre Max).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
BabyManatee
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, guess I'll need to phone EE to find out about keeping landline with EE TV