cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EE website and app is unusable slow, total rubbish

RiaWoody
Explorer

EE are apparently always making updates to improve it, yet it never improves, it just gets worse. You replaced an app that worked perfectly with one that either doesn't work, as it doesn't allow you to log in, or if it actually does allow you in then it's sooo slow that it's embarrassing (slower than when I had dial up 20+ years ago) doesn't do what is requested of it and crashes instead. It truly is the very worst and most unreliable app I've ever tried to use and in all honesty I expect better from a communications company, the irony is beyond laughable, it really isn't funny any more. I have been with EE for decades, from T- Mobile days, I have 6 lines on my account, 4 phones and two smart watches, yet feel that if you do not sort this ongoing, what feels like a forever problem then I will have to leave. I have another line with 02 that was bundled with my Virgin Services, I only had it initially because it worked out to be cheaper overall to have it than not to have it. I have been so impressed with it, that although I have since left Virgin Media I still chose to keep this line due the free data roaming benefit, something that you at EE have now decided to charge additionally for, and I also for the other benefits that being an 02 customer provides. If EE doesn't sort this out soon your customers are and be leaving in droves, so I cannot understand why you continually ignore how useless and pointless this app is, whilst feeding your customers the same line about it being improved, whilst the only change is it's getting worse. EE you really do need to listen, it's beyond a joke now!!!!! And yes, I am using the latest version, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and yes, I have cleaned the cache and data but it does nothing as the problem is with YOUR APP!!!!!!

12 REPLIES 12
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RiaWoody 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with the app, what happens when you log in? 

Can you access your account through a web browser? 

Leanne.

When I log in? Most of the time it doesn't log in, I just see dots endlessly flashing across the screen. If it does log in it mostly crashes before I get the chance to action what I logged in for. When my son, who has a phone and a watch SIM on this family account tried logging in a few days ago, after receiving a text saying he had very little data left (which could never have been correct or accurate) his phone number ironically showed as having unlimited data, which it doesn't, as if someone had internally tampered with it, and due to such the app wouldn't allow any data to be gifted to it. The following day he received a message saying he had no data left at all (impossible) so he logged in again to transfer himself some data (with my permission) from my number, to find that his phone number is no longer showing on the account to be able to transfer data to it (he sent me proof from his work phone.  When I managed finally to log in 20 minutes later, his number was back on the account and I maged to finally gift some.  Account refreshed today 21st, he tried to log in to transfer data but the app wasn't accessible AGAIN, just dots flashing across the screen again. It's hopeless, frustrating, irritating, unprofessional and damn right disgraceful. Can I use the web browser? Firstly I do not walk around with a laptop attached to my hip and secondly your app should be a working, accessible app!!! Myself and thousands of others are fed up to the back teeth with it, people are changing providers because of it. Sort it out rather than directing people to the web browser!!!

Leanne_T

Hi @RiaWoody 

I am sorry to hear this. 

You can use a web browser on your phone using this link and selecting home. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? 

Leanne.

Mick19
Explorer

Thank god its not just me , for a company as big and as popular as EE their website/app has to be the worst going ,used to be able to go to account ,see bill, etc , nothing , as you mentioned ,always trying to improve it , needs starting again with someone who knows what they are doing , (my 6 yr old is looking for a job). due to upgrade soon , cant get on to find deals etc , EE this is atrocious sort it .Looking at other networks now , shame as been with EE for 15 yrs or so . Its a good job there is no awards for worst  website/apps , thats  one for EE to go with their 10 yr  best provider . Maybe sack Mr Bacon and put money in your app . 

Christopher_G

Hi @Mick19 

Welcome to the community.

We generally run any website maintenance during off-peak times, usually overnight. Are you able to access your account now?

Chris

The problem isn't EE running maintenance on the app, nor is it what time of day the maintenance takes place, it's because the app is useless, unreliable, unusable, unstable and utterly crap. How many people have to tell EE the very same thing before they sit up, listen and address the situation instead of responding with the same suggestions over and over again? "Clear the cache, uninstall and reinstall the app, use the web browser"  It's like an insult to our intelligence! Just own the fact that it's crap and address it. At this point I'm not sure what is more frustrating, the fact the app is crap and doesn't work, or your consistent deafness, denial, irrelevant excuses or the fact that you completely ignore your customer base to the point people are actually leaving EE due to it. Do you think that we have nothing better to do with our lives than to conspire about your app? What will it actually take for EE to address the problem rather than gaslighting everyone?

Christopher_G

Is there a specific part of the website that you're having problems with, @Maria70

We're here to offer troubleshooting steps to try and help users get access to whichever part of the website they're having problems with. That's why we generally ask users to uninstall/re-install, clear cache/cookies etc, because that is sometimes a quick fix for the user. We also regularly pass feedback on to the web development team on any trends that we see here in the community.

Chris

Inertiauk
Visitor

The user is not to blame, the users device or device configuration is not to blame.

Your web server is powered by a potato and/or your code is horribly inefficient, I suspect the later or both.  

Your android app is poorly built and very inefficient too, it lags and stutters just showing the logo and initial page, I don't know if this is the app itself, or the fact **bleep** not getting server requests responded too quickly, but it freezes constantly.  EE need to address this with management and their development team.

EVERYONE I speak to about it has the same experience.  This is a problem that EE need to address not a problem to try and solve for the specific user.

Its such a shame because I (and most other people) am happy with EE in pretty much every other aspect.

At least your forums work!

Excellent reply ,

Kind Regards

Mick Hartley