cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
rhiang1984
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have already have the DPD app, but nothing as yet, not even a text or a email from them to say that my phone is on its way! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 So want my new phone!

got a text from DPD i have a delivery from EE tomorrow, heres hoping its my grey 128gb and not my case and screen protector

did anyone elses EE app order tracker actually update? as mine is still saying order confirmed but doesnt say anything about the phone being dispatched

I called and tried to swap for the black as I'm really not fussed about the colour but the advisor said he is not sure if the black is available at all plus I will go to the back of the queue and lose out on the buds! Why can EE not be consistent???

I'm truly fed up.  I usually upgrade through carphone and I wish I had not sent my phone back to get the "better deal" from EE that has not turned up!

Gary_H
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah it was the same last year. Ever since bt brought ee they have gone down hill with there preorders. I have there phone, tablets and broadband and thinking of moving when my contracts are up because the service on upgrades is poor. I wouldn't mind so much if ee communicated with us. But if we don't do the leg work we would still not have heard anything. Just glad my delay wasn't as long as others.

On the plus side my buds+ have been processed so should have them any day now.

I ordered the phone and watch in early March, watch arrived on the 4th and I’ve heard nothing from EE since!

add to that I can’t find my confirmation email and all I have is a text saying “now you’ve ordered the phone why not add a watch” 

Any help appreciated as I can’t get through and am working 12-16 hr shifts and can’t access a phone weekdays when I’m working!!

Gary_H
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

You can try live chat when you get a break at work and ask them to email you proof of preorder i can't find an email address for them as that what I would have suggested.

@bradders89  thanks for pointing at Very... ordered just after you posted that and had an email to say it was dispatched about 10pm on royal mail 24 hr.  it says expected by monday 6th but the tracking shows the package in Manchester atm so.. id say posibly today or saturday.   i guess i will be calling EE pretty soon.  thats for the 512gb version. ill update if/when it arrives.

oh... its also 100 quid less than what EE were getting off me.

Joshua111
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

just checked the EE website they have taken off the 512gb variant and now only says 128gb in grey and black also checked the business version of the site says “in stock” there’s definitely something EE isn’t telling us customer waiting for the 512gb version  

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@stu1982 good morning, when did you order and yes just checked the business EE site and the 512gb version definitely shows as in stock, EE it seems is giving business priority.

I've ordered the S20 early March with delivery to my office address so I can sign for delivery. I have received no delivery date from EE or SMS from DPD as to when the phone is going to be delivered. Last week the office closed and I called EE to change the delivery address to my home one and they've said the phone is just out for delivery and they can't change the delivery address but they'll redirect the delivery and I should receive it to my home address in 2 days.That was a week ago and I'm still waiting....

Latest update on DPD tracker:

27 Mar 2020 16:16 DPD Your parcel is on its way back to EE

I've called EE twice since then and they've been totally unhelpful now saying they need to receive the parcel back from DPD and can't do anything to help. How am I supposed to know how long is that going to take or should I wait indefinitelly for that to happen? Meanwhile, I have no phone but I'm being charged by EE for my new plan I can't even use.

I understand this is a difficult period but it's also a good excuse for incompetence and lack of support. I'll probably be better off cancelling the order and get it from Samsung, they have next day dispatch now.