cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New Phone doesn't have the same data on the plan

TheM4rshmellow
Investigator
Investigator

So, I recently upgraded from the Galaxy S8 to the Google Pixel 5. I upgraded to a 40GB data plan on the new phone.

On the phone itself however, it states I only have 2GB of data available to use, and I can no longer use this even though I have only used 1.25GB. 

Would anyone have any idea how this has happened, and how to fix it? I've never seen a problem like this. On my EE account it states ove got 39GB left, so I don't know what the problem is 

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You sure you are not looking at the phone's own data usage limit, which you can change, probably under Mobile Data? That's nowt to do with your EE data allowance.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I have set no limiters or warnings on my device. I don't know what is causing it 

Hi @TheM4rshmellow

I hope you're well and having a nice weekend, other than this issue of course.

If you're app says you have 39Gb of data then you should be good to go. Can I clarify can you connect to data at all? 

Thanks 

Chris

Yes, I could connect to data, but now my data isn't working. I have tried adding and removing limiters, data warning, changing the date that the data refreshes on my mobile. Nothing works. Not sure what is wrong 

@TheM4rshmellow This is a bit of a tricky on for sure. 

I would suggest speaking with our customer care team so they can look into this with you.

Thanks 

Chris