cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Do I have to upgrade my plan if I want a new phone?

LouThreadwell
Visitor
  • @Eis @I'm very interested to know if you ever managed to this with ee or if you found anywhere else that did it? I had to buy my last phone outright which cost me a bloody fortune so would really like to be able to just get a new phone without a new plan cos the one I have is great. However the phone I want is £89pm with ee but only £53 with sky!!! Why on earth is there such a massive difference in price.....
2 REPLIES 2
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @LouThreadwell ,

It's considered an upgrade any time you agree to a new minimum term period for an existing number and SIM which you have, regardless of whether you make any change to your phone or allowances.

If you want a new phone, it's typically simpler just to buy one from a trusted retailer.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@LouThreadwell : When you buy a new phone from EE you have to take it with 1 of the plans on offer at the time, which will almost certainly be different from your current plan. You can only stay on your current plan by buying a new phone outright from another retailer, not a network, like Amazon.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)