cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Sim only EE to Pay Monthly contract EE, old number not transferred.

magsrad
Investigator
Investigator

Struggling to get any help online with this. Chat is never available.

Upgraded my services to a 24-month contract with the promise I would keep my rolling pay monthly number. The phone arrives, a new sim arrives. Old number is still on the old sim. Now have two accounts and only want my new contract with my old number. Added the new contract to My EE, now have two numbers and two accounts. 

The email I received states

MOVING TO A PAY MONTHLY PLAN

What you’ll need to know when you move to a pay monthly plan

1 keeping your sim

If you already have an EE SIM, then you can still use the same SIM when you move to a pay monthly plan

2 Moving your number

Once your order has been confirmed, we’ll take care of moving your number to your new pay monthly plan

3 Your remaining credit

Any credit you have left will show as money off on your first bill

None of the above has happened and I have had to spend more money on packs because my old number hasn't changed over to my new sim. 

If there's an obvious fix or answer I'd be incredibly grateful to hear it. I do believe ee should be paying people who are not employees for their time also.

It's incredibly frustrating, confusing and costly and I'm considering cancelling the contract and moving to a different provider.

13 REPLIES 13
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Why isn't your # 1. happening? Just use your old SIM in your new phone. It should have been moved to the contract plan.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I have been but it's still on my old rolling pay monthly £10 pack account. If I put the new sim in I have the new unwanted number on my new wanted contract.

Did you do the switch from PAYG online by Switch to pay monthly and save ? Sounds like you've taken out a new contract.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@magsrad wrote:

A SIM-only plan is just as much a pay-monthly plan as any other - what you're describing here is simply a change of payment plan.

A new SIM is often supplied with new phones in-case, for whatever reason, there's a problem with your existing SIM. If there's not, then just continue using that SIM and file the replacement SIM appropriately.

if you have a new number showing on your myEE online account, then you have likely - and inadvertently - signed up for a new pay-monthly contract and your SIM-only plan is continuing.

I would recommend calling EE C/S to discuss your account with an agent, and establish what exactly has happened here.

I believe you could be right however I did click switch to pay monthly and save which makes it all the more strange. I also recall before purchasing inputting my old number in a keep your old number box "we'll handle it" sort of thing.

@bristolian : OP has a pack on his old SIM  & is topping it up. It is therefore a PAYG SIM only, not a contract.

Thank you for your reply, my gripe is with being the customer and having to waste time chasing and fixing all this up I guess. I followed the switch to pay monthly course of action, added my old number when purchasing the phone and yet what was promised hasn't happened.

The chat bubble in the help section that allegedly pops up "in a moment" also doesn't happen and the click to make a complaint link doesn't happen either.

I just feel let down by the whole process and don't know if I have the energy to explain it all over again and pay a company for the joy of it.

@XRaySpeX wrote:

@bristolian : OP has a pack on his old SIM  & is topping it up. It is therefore a PAYG SIM only, not a contract.

Ah you're correct - I missed that part. Apologies to both.

I would still suggest that "SIM only" is a phrase commonly used to refer to pay-monthly plans, and not a PAYG SIM - but that's only of passing relevance to the query here. And of no relevance to the advice!!

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you manage to add your new contract no. to your existing MyEE holding your PAYG no.? I always thought this was not possible as they don't mix.