cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Keep current number

Metroboy-15
Visitor

Hi

I have a bit of a confusing situation.

I have two accounts with EE, one is sim only plan and the other is a pay monthly. My pay monthly contract ends in a couple months so I recently upgraded, but think I upgraded the sim only plan to a monthly plan, instead of the actual pay monthly contract.

My question is, would I be able to keep the number from my current pay monthly plan, which expires in a couple months, and switch it to the new monthly plan I upgraded to from my sim only plan?

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

FYI: Both the things you have are Pay Monthly contracts, whether SIM-Only or with handset.

EE won't port nos between its contracts. So you need to 1st port your existing no to another network's PAYG using a PAC from EE & then in reverse port it back to your new contract. This will also have the effect of cancelling your old contract.

You could alternatively "upgrade" your old contract to PAYG with 30 days notice & then ask EE to transfer the no to your new contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Metroboy-15 ,

It sounds like you have two pay monthly SIMs on the same account with EE. One is likely to be the main SIM and the other is likely to be an Additional Line.

You believe you might have upgraded the wrong contract and you actually wanted to upgrade the other contract.

I would recommend that you check with EE to confirm which of the contracts you upgraded and request help to fix any error that may have been made.

For the contract which you don't want to upgrade, you can keep it on a rolling one month basis, or request it is moved to Pay As You Go if the cost is too high (e.g. a premium because of a device you now own).

If your Additional Line becomes the main contract, some discounts may fall off.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net