cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Where has the eSIM download facility gone?

Thenotgoodee
Investigator
Investigator

I am in the same situation. While abroad, had to reinstall my phone and now can´t activate the eSim because I´m abroad and not in the UK EE network.

This is not acceptable with all the modern technologies of these days. I will be without EE number for at least 3 weeks and forced to buy a local number and move all services to this temporary number.

I hope EE can work this out because we are a global world now.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thenotgoodee
Investigator
Investigator

EE management of eSim is so cumbersome that is causing customer while abroad and facing the same issue, to temporarily buy local single use Sim cards to be able to use data and calls.

My case is similar and I am using a local operator for at least 4 to 5 weeks. A shame for EE. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Thenotgoodee  The issue is your trying to make this work on a roaming network and that’s just not possible.  

Thenotgoodee
Investigator
Investigator

EE management of eSim is so cumbersome that is causing customer while abroad and facing the same issue, to temporarily buy local single use Sim cards to be able to use data and calls.

My case is similar and I am using a local operator for at least 4 to 5 weeks. A shame for EE. 

Thenotgoodee
Investigator
Investigator

With so many of us traveling and spending time abroad, its quite a hassle to realise that eSIM management by EE is that cumbersome.

As per EE support advice, will have to request a friend to somehow, travel to my house, pick the sim card sent by post, activate it using his phone while I try to install the eSim abroad. Then somehow fake a local activation to get the pin and use it where I would be!?!?

This seems a joke. Security issues and  bad service from EE