cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Does Unlimited data also include uploads (live streaming question)

SethSquall
Investigator
Investigator

I was wondering if I were to live-stream something whilst I was using 4g/5g, would having unlimited data mean I needn't worry about using up data.

The concern stems from the difference in downloading and uploading. I know I could watch streams or youtube or download etc, but If I were the one streaming, I would be using uploading, right? Would that be an issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@SethSquall  Data is data regardless of how you use it.    Also your unlimited data is actually 600Gb. 

My unlimited data specifically? Or all unlimited data?

All your unlimited data has a FUP of 600GB pm for personal use.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I am at around 900GB this month with EE and not had any word from them/slowdowns

@Zathan  Keep that up month over month and EE will probably be in touch to inform you that you moved to a business tariff.    As per the contract terms that you agreed too. 

At no point has it been stated you’ll get slowed down by going over the FUP and I don’t know why you think you would be as it’s not in the T&Cs. 

Hi @Zathan ,

Glad to hear that EE is not being too Draconian so far, and that you've read the terms and conditions and are going into things with your eyes open.

We will consider usage above 600GB/month to be non-personal use and have the right to apply traffic management controls to deprioritise your mobile traffic during busy periods or to move you to a business plan.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/terms-and-conditions/pay-monthly/phone-plans

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

It actually is, with the threat of de-prioritising traffic.