cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How to get sim cut during lockdown

Missy996
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

I am getting a new phone but my current EE pay-as-you-go sim is too big for my new phone and none of the nearby EE shops are open due to coronavirus.

Does anyone know any other way to get my sim cut or if EE would send out new smaller sim? 

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Missy996 : Order a replacement SIM online for £1.50 or phone CS for one.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I used the order a replancement SIM option last night and everything seemed to go fine, but this morning i got a text from EE saying that they cant send me a replacement SIM because my account isnt registered and that i would have to call them to register.

I dont understand what they mean by my account isnt registered and is there anyway to solve this without calling them?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Missy996,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Sorry, if your personal details (name, address etc.) aren't registered on your account, you'll need to get in touch with Customer Care so we can update your details before sending your SIM.

Thanks

James

Thanks for the help

When i call what "section" should i use? (ie for the press 1 for...)

Have you added this PAYG no. to your  MyEE a/c?  

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes it is the only number on my account 

James_B

Hi @Missy996,

Don't worry too much about the options. Just select the ones that match your query the closest.

Any of our advisors will be able to help you with this.

Thanks

James

After looking at a PAYG MyEE there is nowhere to supply a postal address (only an email addy) to validate you & to send the new SIM to. Therefore it must be impossible to order a replacement PAYG SIM online. Is that right, @James_B ?

James_B

Hi @XRaySpeX,

Hope you are well.

As long as the pay as you go account has been registered with address details, either at the point of sale or via Customer Care, a replacement SIM can be ordered online.

James