cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

NHS Spine Portal

Lionel118
Investigator
Investigator

I work for the NHS and during lockdown I had access on my laptop via a Smart card to the NHS Spine Portal https://digital.nhs.uk but was persuaded to change provider and lost the connection. It took months to be released from that contract to come back to EE, but have found that I cannot access this website. Colleagues with different providers have told me their access is either unpredictable or nil. Can anyone help?

8 REPLIES 8
Lionel118
Investigator
Investigator

I work for the NHS and during lockdown I had access on my laptop via a Smart card to the NHS Spine Portal https://digital.nhs.uk but was persuaded to change provider and lost the connection. It took months to be released from that contract to come back to EE, but have found that I cannot access this website. Colleagues with different providers have told me their access is either unpredictable or nil. Can anyone help?

pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

If collegues are also having difficulties connectiong with different providers that would suggest a problem with the site.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I have no issue getting to that site over EE BB Fibre. Which BB product do you have from EE? 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I have just tried it and it has come up, no problems, fibre broadband with VPN, just tried on 4G, no problems either.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Lionel118 ,

Is it possible the malfunction is related to the smartcard and should be debugged with the service and support advisers supporting that functionality? https://digital.nhs.uk/coronavirus/access-logistics-hub/coronavirus-smartcards/entrust-virtual-smart... (possibly it is a related but different smartcard)

Or are you indeed reporting that you cannot even see the first page of the URL you have quoted? The first step to debugging this would be nslookup of the domain name but I feel that if you see the problem with two difference service providers, the issue is more likely to lie elsewhere due to the above reports that the URL itself is fine.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Thank you for kindly replying. The Smartcard works fine when I am in the office and connected to work wifi.Sent from Samsung tablet.
Thank you. Which browser did you use?Sent from Samsung tablet.
Hello Mark, sorry for delay. I have EE BB and I could access the Spine,
even via a VPN until Dec 2020, when I lost it. I have been backwards and
forwards since then trying to sort it out. May I ask which Trust you work
for? Mine is Guy's and St Thomas'.

Thanks for replying