cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Adding perk code from in store purchase

mrswelshfranco
Visitor

I bought my phone in Nov 2019 at your Caerphilly branch. I was advised to to add my Knight Frank perk code I would need to call and add this afterwards as it could not be done in store. I then called up and was advised this was added - it wasn’t as I soon found out when the bill came!! I then spoke to Zoe ****** who was very helpful on the phone, asked me to send the perk code via email and she would apply. She replied on 13.12.19 to say that it had been applied and would show within 48hrs.  This didn’t happen so on 18.01.20 I contacted her again and this was her response…

I am so sorry to hear you’re still having this issue and I’m more than happy to look into getting a resolve to this, The last time we spoke we were going to wait till the next bill in hopes that our back office department applied it within the required time scales due to this not being the case if I could get a Perk code for us they we can look to redeem that for you

My response …

I’m really lost as you advised this had been resolved! 
On my last contact with EE this discount was on the account and when I switched in store the sales assistant confirmed that it would automatically continue. 
This was not the case so you helpfully advised I needed to give you a perk code (this was back in December) and then confirmed by email that this was applied! 
I had one bill come out days later with no discount applied and then another bill which has recently come out again with no discount applied!! This is not acceptable.  This has resulted in me being approx £18 out of pocket! Please confirm that I will be reimbursed this!!!
Why do I need to provide a new perk code?? If I do how do I know that this will be applied? Will I be 3 months down the line in the same position?  I would not have necessarily continued into a new contract with EE if I had known this to be the case!
Can you please escalate this complaint ASAP?
Following this and after calling up to speak to her and chasing via email I eventually had a response the following September asking for me to log into a portal????
Email …

You need to apply for a perk discount code via the EE perk portal which you can get access to by googling eeperks if you sign up using your NHS email and verify you will be able to generate a code, if you can supply me with this code I will then apply it via back office

I was at a total loss as I’m not an NHS worker but have a perk code via Knight Frank. After asking her to contact me - nothing!!

So to cut a long story short I’ve had 2 years of not receiving my 20% discount on a £44 a month contract - this equates to over £211.  It is now time for me to upgrade and I would like someone to contact me urgently please before I look to leave EE!

[mod edit: employee details removed from the forum]

2 REPLIES 2
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @mrswelshfranco

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I would love to help you get this looked into, to do this I've sent you a private message for some extra details. 

Speak soon. 

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mrswelshfranco : Discount codes may only be applied at PoS when buying a new contract or upgrading.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)