cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Follow up on a complaint of being mis-sold contract + tablet

suefb60
Contributor
Contributor

I am posting this after waiting for EE to get back to me since 16th August this year ....

In my initial post, I complained about being mis-sold a tablet with a new contract. Following this post - having had no luck in store or over the phone - I was contacted by customer services. After a lengthy telephone conversation with two customer advisors , we agreed to disagree and I was permitted to return the tablet . The second customer advisor ( whom I will not name as I was lectured by him on how negative "negative feedback / complaints" can be for a store ...when I actually named the store to prove I was there, but did not name the employee who served me in the shop...and as I also remarked , if they had done their job properly, then I would not be having this negative conversation with them !

I was advised that it could take weeks for the warehouse to receive back and log the tablet as returned. I was assured that I would be contacted by the customer advisor himself, and that any extra costs incurred would be refunded . This was not the £20 as a "goodwill" gesture which I manage to extracate ..quite literally ..from him ( and as I pointed out , we had already paid £60 early upgrade fee for 5 days early to upgrade ! Ridiculous on a 24 month contract to charge for 5 days early ...Carphone Warehouse would always waive this upgrade fee if you were there in store ready to purchase a phone !

The upshot of all this is : 

I have had no communication from EE whatsoever since 16th August

I kept checking my EE account online and noticed that they have indeed amended my contact back to the required amount ...

However , it would have been professional and courteous to acknowledge the amendment and to refund my extra costs ..

Please note EE I will be carefully considering my options when it comes to renewing our phone contracts, and based on my personal experience dealing with EE direct, I cannot recommend you

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@suefb60  if you’re not in your upgrade period then there will be a charge.  That’s why it’s called an upgrade period.  Where do they draw the line and charge you ?   It’s before the last 45 days of your contract and they’ll not make one rule for you and a different rule for someone else.    It’s free with within your upgrade period and thats it. 

Car phone warehouse aren’t doing that great at the moment I wonder why that.  Might have something to do with paying off peoples contracts so allow you to upgrade. they’re taking the cost on your behalf.  

The issue with your tablet was that you didn’t read the contract that you agree to yes you’ve got a free tablet as there was no upfront cost or part cost  towards the tablet but there’s always going to be a contract.  EE allowed you to get out of this contract by returning the tablet if you need to speak with EE about this then you need to call them and take this up with them directly.  This public forum can not help with this matter.