cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Wrong number on account

kypton
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Receiving a number off ee emails in my Gmail  account of this issue they tried to call you but with wrong number on account 

this is not a scam. But I won't give them my number as its a contract number. In the email.ig an agent manager as tried 2 call me they would call me direct an not lie off this . As I have contacted  them of an complaint . They needn2 buckle up there ideas in this issue n call the number given  on Mt contract not rocket science 

4 REPLIES 4
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @kypton ,

You've been very sensible in being wary of unsolicited communications which you've received by email and possibly calls.

Absolutely you are correct to look after your security by not divulging any personal or important number unless you choose to.

For the benefit of others, I include the below recommendation to never give out any personal information to an incoming call:

Never give out your personal information in response to an incoming call, or rely upon the Caller ID as the sole means of identification, particularly if the caller asks you to carry out an action which might have financial consequences.

If someone rings you asking for this information, don't provide it. Instead, hang up and call the phone number on your account statement, in the phone book, or on the company's or government department's website to check whether the call was genuine. Wait at least five minutes before making the call - this ensures the line has cleared and you're not still speaking to the fraudster or an accomplice.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/scams/phone-spoof-scam

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
kypton
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It seams 2 be a very genuine email with the managers name on it an the ee phone number.  But in getting fed up with they say they tried to call. They should no what my number is if they have my email account 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @kypton.

Do you know why they might be trying to call you? Are you expecting a call?

Do you recognise the number that they are trying to call?

Jon

kypton
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Please reread the topic. Seriously...

The email I'm receiving is from ee . They say the number is wrong not my fault I'm on a contract.  An today I ve  receive another email of the same points this female is sending as  the name on it ....ive reply back but it seams there aren't reading it .as Gmail don't have a feature to block this ....