cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrade issues

KrisTheMental
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I’ve been looking at my EE app as I know that I am coming up to a free upgrade and have received this message which also appears on the website.

95248449-9EBF-421F-924F-353AEA15EEEB.jpeg

During the first lockdown my phone died on me and I had to change it to the one that I have now which I bought outright from an online shop as all of the ee shops were closed, I am still using my ee sim and my account but I can’t see why this would have an effect and show the message above?

Has anyone else had this issue? I did recently ask in a ee store and explained the situation which they were happy with but even they didn’t know the answer.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_B
EE Employee

Hi @KrisTheMental

Welcome to the EE Community 😊

I hope you're well and having a bice day, other than this issue of course. 

You should be able to change this in the Account Settings section of your My EE account.

Could you please give that a go and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Chris.

Good morning Chris,

I am doing well thank you.

I have looked in the my account settings but can’t find the relevant option.

I don’t suppose you know which option I should choose by any chance?

Regards, 

Kris

@KrisTheMental Once logged in you should be able to click on My EE in the top menu, then manage and it should be in there somewhere.

Thanks 

Chris

Hi Chris,

I’ve had a look but it keeps showing the same message which is kind of messed up as I am the bill payer/account holder  and used my details to log in to the system Lol!

F787907F-C854-47AB-B972-48D0CE0BD05D.jpeg

I think when I go for the free upgrade I am going to have to do it over the phone or in store at this rate.

Regards,

Kris

@KrisTheMental I'm sorry about this.

The best thing to do is have a chat with our customer care team so they can look into this with you.

Thanks 

Chris