cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Please clarify order terminology

IainBirch
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, new here. Lovely idea. My apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this but I've found navigating the community page and even finding the correct place to post something and ask quite challenging in of itself,perhaps it's just me 🙈 

I have paid for an early upgrade as like an idiot I kept dropping my phone and it's shattered my back and I don't want my baby son picking up bits of glass. It's a Huawei P30 pro new in silver frost.the page said in stock usually delivered next day. I've tracked the order number (xxxxxxxxxx) bit it just says 'awaiting confirmation' for expected delivery date and on order updates it says 'your Back order is confirmed'..??

I know there's a pandemic on and waiting isnt a huge issue,I just wanted some clarification: there's no info on date other than 'awaiting conformation', does that mean you and or DPD are so busy during this period it hasn't be scheduled yet? And if so is there an estimated time these delays are adding on to orders??

Also why would it say 'back order' for something that's in stock? Does this mean it's joined some kind of queue because you have so many orders and it will just take longer or is it suddenly out of stock??

None of this is made clear. Sorry again of the answers are in a post somewhere I did try to look but can't find anything.

Thankyou

[mod edit: please do not post order numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@IainBirch   You need to call customer services because of the waiting confirmation.  Customer services want to speak with you.    And this is a public forum please don’t post your order number on here or any other private information. 

Thank you. I will do so. Sorry, it wasn't mentioned or made clear who they were awaiting confirmation from or what it meant.

@IainBirch  you should’ve received an email stating that they need you to call them but unfortunately these are not always sent out. 

cheers, given the speed and usefulness of your reply in comparison to the auto-generated vaguery on 'my EE' you should be running this company bro