cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE line seems deactivated after 18 months abroad

Oguchi
Explorer

I've been working overseas, and all through the lockdown. Usually I receive roaming texts and calls. But recently it appears my line has been deactivated by EE as it's no longer recignised, nor accepting top ups. Most of my banking and other apps have this number as my registered line and so its actually disrupted a lot of my important activities. Help pls

5 REPLIES 5
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

After 18 months of non use on a PAYG you would have lost the number and credit by now.

There will be no way of getting any of this back.

The EE network is meant to be for use in the UK as it's a UK network.

Roaming is allowed but you need a stable link to the EE UK network.

Unfortunately you will need to contact these places like your bank to remove this number and use another one. They will have other ways to verify yourself other than your number.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Oguchi , If you were on pay as you go, then you would have had to use your phone to make a chargeable call or text to keep the number active as outlined here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/What-is-pay-as-you-go-and-flex-hibernation-and-how-do-I-...

If you have not used it, then as @BrendonH  has written, the number has gone and line deactivated and you will have to get a new number and SIM card and inform all banking and apps of the new number, no other way to do this, sorry. 

@BrendonH , the stable link is for pay monthly contracts, but pay as you go, so long as you make a chargeable call or text, every six months, you should be able to still use your SIM card.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Oguchi
Explorer
Tha KS for the response. Actually, I checked my messages and saw an SMS from EE dated April 17th, saying my line will be deactivated in 3months. This means it's only been deactivated in the last 1 week or so.

Is there any chance to have it reactivated, given that it's only been a week?

Sent from my Huawei phone

Deactivated or hibernated?

Once it goes into hibernation you have 3 months to revert it by sounds of this you are too late.

It doesn't matter if it's only been a day I am afraid.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Oguchi

Thanks for coming to the community. 

You can find full information in our What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it? post. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.