cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How do I change the name of a device in the EE App?

WingMan
Investigator
Investigator

Can anyone advise as to how I alter the name of a device in my EE App please?  Thanks 

42 REPLIES 42
Alisonellis1987
Explorer

Hello, could you explain more simply exac6what I have to do? Thanks. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Alisonellis1987

Thanks for coming to the community. 

The name of your device will be what you have the number saved as in your phone contacts. 

If you wish to change this you will need to change what you have this number saved as. 

Katie 🙂

This looks helpful--can you kindly give a step by step guide on just how to specifically change/do this. I upgraded to an iPhone XR on a SIM only deal in October from an iPhone 6s.

The 6s continues to be displayed.Nothing has changed.

Katie_B

Hi @Teddypaws

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing?

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie_B

I tried this in the past and it did not work.On your advice--I have just tried it again --and once more I can tell you that this sadly does NOT work and the issue remains UNSOLVED.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome. 

Thankyou

Katie_B

Thanks for trying again @Teddypaws

As mentioned by @James_B this should automatically update and does not affect your My EE. 

This can't be manually updated. 

Katie.

pastim
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I moved the SIM off my old (defunct) mobile to a new one a year ago.  EE still thinks it is the old one.  Nothing changes.  

@pastim  Mine updated within hours of using the new device.

The information that shows on your account comes from the device as the information is passed back to EE on what device you are using by using that device with your EE sim in it on cellular network and using the my EE app.  

pastim
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am baffled.  What is going on?  Do I have to stay logged into the EE app for hours on mobile data?  When I access the EE app I don't set up a pin, I prefer passwords.  I left it logged on for an hour or two, but nothing changed.

When I finished with the app I usually log out.  Then when I log in again it seems to forget that I have logged in before.  I only use the app once a month or so, so it's not an issue, but it's odd.

Leanne_T

Morning @pastim

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

This will update for you if you continue to use the phone and My EE app on the EE network, our Mobile Care team have details of which phone you are using.

This won't affect your usage and the device you're using will update in your My EE account in due course.

Leanne 🙂