cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

change Unopened device

bernie1963
Explorer

I have an  A52 as an upgrade which i did in store 8 days ago, I have not broken the seal on the box, so as new.I really wanted a zfold 3 but, thought maybe the cost was too prohibitive at double the A52 cost.

I have now decided i would like the z fold 3, can i change the the phone ???, I have not broken the seal on the phone box.

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @bernie1963 

Device purchases from an EE retail store don't come with the same 14-day "change of mind" right of return that online or telesales purchases come with.

You can try contacting the store and "asking nicely", but please don't get your hopes up or expect a return as it is unlikely they will accept the phone back and any return is entirely at their discretion.

Whether you've broken the seal on the box or not is, unfortunately for yourself, immaterial.

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @bernie1963 ,

Per the below link, you may wish to ask to see the store returns policy, if they have one, and they may just refer you to the one online to see what options you may have.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/i-want-to-return-my-goods-what-are-my-rights-ams3G2z9...

I think it would make sense for any retailer to accept the return, particularly at this time of the year, and make a sale which is twice the size.

I can also imagine that many customers, turned down the goodwill return, would vow never to purchase a device from EE ever again, and purchase from a trusted retailer, or another service provider, which allows change of mind returns so that they are never put in the same position again.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Thanks for the replies I will see what the store say.