cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Change Plan and Amazon Prime Video Smart Benefit

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Does anyone know for certain whether the "Change Plan" function will cause the Amazon Prime Video Smart Benefit to become unavailable?

I've come across an online option that is a little buried linked from https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/usage-since-latest-bill

which allows a online change of plan https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/change-plan

Curiously, it says Add-Ons will stay so I may be able to keep a 20% discount. The plan is only GBP 3.20 more but I'm wondering if I may lose the GBP 5.99 Amazon Prime Video Smart Benefit which I have access to. The specification of zero Smart Benefits suggests that the Amazon Prime Video Smart Benefit is not considered a Smart Benefit going forward.

£23.20a month

Unlimitedtexts
Unlimitedminutes
  •  1 Smart Benefit(s). Enjoy your pick of things like BT Sport or Apple Music. Change them anytime
  •  Enjoy 5G speeds if you're using an enabled device in a 5G area
  •  Keep using your current device
  •  Keep your discount(s)
Current plan New plan
£19.99 per month£23.20 per month
200GB dataUnlimited data
Unlimited minutesUnlimited minutes
Unlimited textsUnlimited texts
0 Smart Benefit(s)1 Smart Benefit(s)
  • We'll make sure you stay connected at 0.5Mbps when you run out of data
  • From January 2022 a £2 daily charge applies to roaming in the EU/EEA
Your add-ons and discounts

You'll keep any eligible existing discounts. Add-ons will also transfer to the new plan. You can review your data add-ons within Add-ons & Benefits.

If both your current and new plans have Smart Benefits - just choose new ones once your new plan starts.

How your benefits may change

You'll keep them - except your recurring data add-ons and Smart Benefits. You'll have to choose a new Smart Benefit(s) once you've switched to your new plan. Check your currently active add-ons once you've switched plans.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mikeliuk  Your current plan £19.99 has no smart benefits so if your purchase this yourself it’s an add on not a smart benefit.  

Hi @Chris_B ,

It's the £25/mth Smart Plan discounted by 20% with Amazon Prime Video as the chosen Smart Benefit.

There's no additional charge that would be present for the Amazon Prime Video Add-On.

I can also see Amazon Prime Video listed as my chosen Smart Benefit and not under active Add-Ons.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net