cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How do I change the name of a device in the EE App?

WingMan
Investigator
Investigator

Can anyone advise as to how I alter the name of a device in my EE App please?  Thanks 

42 REPLIES 42
pastim
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What will?  What is 'this'?  I have logged on several times to the EE App, and nothing changes.  Do I have to wait hours, days, months?  Do I have to use  mobile data, or just wifi?

Why doesn't it happen straight away?

I am still baffled.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

The device details will update for you in due course @pastim

Sorry we have no way to update the details on the phone you are using within the My EE app. 

If you are looking to change any other details or have another query, let me know 🙂

Leanne.

pastim
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What does that mean?  I have had the phone for about a year.  It has not updated the mobile details.

So, I ask again.  

What do I have to do?  Log in x times?  Stay logged in y hours?  Use mobile data, or wifi? 

What?  

Leanne_T

Hi @pastim

There is no set timescale for the phone details to update, if you continue to use mobile data when you log into your My EE app.

In time this will update for you. I am sorry for the delay. 

Leanne.

pastim
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Not so.  It doesn't on my phone.  Not yet at least.  How many years?  How many logins? 

Why something like this has to be so obscure I have no idea.    One might think that it would take milliseconds, not years.

I give up.  

pastim
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Leanne_T - apologies if I seemed rude, I don't mean to be.  I'm just somewhat frustrated by a minor puzzle for which there is no clear answer.  Most things in my experience of computers are fairly predictable, but this appears not be be, which I find very odd.

Leanne_T

Hi @pastim

I understand, if you can continue logging in using mobile data, as you are at the moment. I am sorry, I can't provide a timescale of when the phone details will change for you. 

Leanne.

pastim
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Weeks, Months, Years?  Still no change.  I wonder whether I do something different from everyone else but have no idea what it can be.  It seems crazy.  I don't use a pin, can that be why?

Ankit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am having the same issue and seems like EE does not have a solution 😞

@Ankit  The information comes from your device EE has no input to change it on your account.