cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How do I change the name of a device in the EE App?

WingMan
Investigator
Investigator

Can anyone advise as to how I alter the name of a device in my EE App please?  Thanks 

42 REPLIES 42
Ankit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Chris_B Understood and how do I make my device send this info to EE? I have done following and no changes so far -

1. Deleted MY EE app and re-installed it set 'Yes' to all the permission it requires

2. I use e-sim

3. I am always connected to EE's 4G network

4. MY EE app always runs in the background

I understand it works automatically but clearly it's not working for some people including me. So wondering what else can be done to fix it. Thanks. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Ankit

Thanks for getting back to us.

How long has this been showing incorrectly?

Speak soon, 

Katie.

Ankit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @Katie_B 

It's been few months at least. Today I have changed my phone to iPhone 13 Pro Max and re-install MY EE app again with all the permissions.

I also have second line which we got last week and it says unknown device but to be honest I have not installed MY EE app on that phone yet.

Thank you,

Ankit

Katie_B

Hi @Ankit

Once the app is installed and the My EE App is used this should register what device is being used.  

Katie 🙂

Ankit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Katie_B 

iPhone 13 Pro Max (EE SIM 1) - I have already installed MY EE App on my iPhone 13 Pro Max and have used it few times today but no luck so far. I will check again tomorrow to see if anything changes.

iPhone 11 (EE SIM 2) - I will install it today and feedback to you tomorrow.

Thank you,

Ankit

Ankit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Katie_B 

Sorry to report EE SIM 1 - still thinks I am using Pixel 4a and EE SIM2 - Unknown Device

Leanne_T

Hi @Ankit

Thanks for coming here. 

The device name will update automatically if you continue to use the My EE app on the network. It doesn't affect any My EE features.

Leanne.

pastim
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Mine doesn't, even after a year.  I don't use it very often, maybe twice a month, and sometimes on wi-fi.  Do you have to use mobile data?  Do you have to use it daily?  Is SIM-only OK?  Is there some sort of trick to it?

Leanne_T

Hi @pastim

If you continue to use your My EE app on data, this will update in due course. 

Leanne. 

pastim
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well it doesn't for me.  If this is a computer system surely it has some logic?  Login in 10 times 20 times, whatever?  It can't just be random, surely?

Frankly I despair of such vagueness in a system.