cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Cannot connect to EE WiFi auto

Sniti11
Investigator
Investigator

I cannot connect to EE WIFI auto underground. When I try connect, it asks for username and password which doesn’t work. I had a reset from 9527. I tried to access via virgin media WiFi chosing EE but I get an error message saying contact customer service. 

Help? 

46 REPLIES 46

Every station 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @urban4692,

Please get in touch with Customer Care so our Tech Gurus can run through some diagnostics with you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

I have. They said the 9527 number is not working at their end. I've called back 5 times asking for an update and I have to explain everything from scratch. Then they say "ah ok, I figured it out, it's all fixed". And guess what - it's not all fixed. 

It's really frustrating that I've spent many hours trying to help EE fix an EE problem when it seems different teams aren't talking to each other. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @urban4692,

I'm very sorry to hear that our Tech Gurus haven't been able to resolve this issue after your recent calls. Please get back in touch to let them know the most recent fix hasn't resolved the issue for you.

Thanks

James

I am having the exact same issue on my Samsung S10... I have tried everything that support has mentioned on a call and in this thread. Has anyone discovered a fix for this. I am looking to sign a two year deal with EE in January, but this is a definite deal breaker. Thx

Yep, the fix turned out to be incredibly simple (and one that customer service didn't think would work but gave it a try anyway). It's this:

You call 150 and get them to switch off the TfL wifi add on from your account, and then add it back on (straight away is fine - no need to wait 24hrs etc). 

You might need to insist, since they will probably say that won't work. 

Try that and let us know how it goes. 

Good old Reboot wins again! 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)