cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Isp password

Andrezinho1980
Explorer

I have an EE 5Gee router, I would like to use it as a bridge, my idea is to disable Nat and dhcp and turn on my Asus Router and connect via PPPoe, the problem is that I don't know the username and password, how can I know my Internet username and password?

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. Does the WAN connection have to be PPPoE? What are the alternatives?
  2. With PPPoE try these from the EE APN:

Username: eesecure

Password: secure

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Andrezinho1980 ,

As far as I understand it, authenticating using PPPoE as above is nonsensical as a physical link must first be established before there is any Ethernet present.

The best starting point is probably the below link. The alternative would be sending codes to the modem to establish a physical link. I would highly recommend to start with a device intended to connect with a cellular network.

If your upstream router does not support bridge mode, IP pass-through should be a good alternative.

https://draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-ltewanconfig

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

I'm going to try it tomorrow, the problem is that this 5g router from EE is really bad, I connected my mesh system to Deco S4 and it just doesn't work, sometimes it works, but it's very unstable, my Ring doorbell is another problem, it works 1 week and it doesn't work for 2 days, I would like to use this EE router just as a Moden and use my Asus Router to do the routing, I have another big problem which is port forwarding, as it is impossible due to EE using CGNAT and I don't have a public IP, I'm thinking about canceling the EE due to these limitations.

Thanks for answering