cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Calls not connecting..

lauren129
Investigator
Investigator

Whenever someone calls me, it’s saying ‘Calls aren’t being connected to this number’ it’s been doing it for around 2 weeks now. I’ve spoken to someone from EE, he said my number was suspended I need to make a chargeable call cause I haven’t made one in a while.. it’s still not working? I’ve topped up made the calls and it’s not even taking money from me? Can some help please, I don’t want to have to call them back again. 

6 REPLIES 6
lauren129
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. 
I’ve been having problems with my signal for around a week now. Friends and fam have told me they can’t get through, my phone says there is a signal but I also see it drop out to no service reconnect but never actually work then drop back out 5 minutes later, Even if I don’t see it I’m constantly getting the ‘new voicemail’ meaning it’s doing it again. It gets weird here, I’m pay as you go with no credit but I’m able to call people??? I’ve done the turn on and off. Airplane mode on and off, updated software to no avail. 
If someone has any ideas what I could do to fix this? Would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Merry Christmas! 🎄 

Hi @lauren129 

I think you've got a couple of issues here.

Firstly please text AL or BALANCE to 150 - what does it say? I suspect you may have a pack or add-on with your PAYG that allows inclusive calls, but this text will confirm either way.

I suspect there may be an EE fault in your area resulting in no/limited service, and your phone is seeing another operator available but is unable to connect to it - hence your calls failing.

I'd check the coverage tool using the "check status" link (not "check coverage") and see if there's any known issues.

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @lauren129 

Welcome to the EE Community,

Does your phone support WiFi calling ?

lauren129
Investigator
Investigator

Whenever someone calls me, it’s saying ‘Calls aren’t being connected to this number’ it’s been doing it for around 2 weeks now. I’ve spoken to someone from EE, he said my number was suspended I need to make a chargeable call cause I haven’t made one in a while.. it’s still not working? I’ve topped up made the calls and it’s not even taking money from me? Can some help please, I don’t want to have to call them back again. 

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@lauren129  Try restarting the device.  If the customer service agent reactivated your sim it can take up to 24 hours to start working again.  Did they say they was going to do that ? 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@lauren129 : Sounds like it has gone into hibernation.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)