cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy fold screen issues

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am looking for other people who are in the same situation as me. They got a galaxy fold phone, the screen went in the middle due to the manufacturing of the phone yet ee nor Samsung will admit fault and expect a payment for repair . Might I add that this is only 7 month into a 24 month  contract so I'm now the proud owner of a not great skinny screen 1200 pounds phone. 

I'm having to take this matter to the ombudsman although ee seem to be taking a lot of time sending me a deadlock letter. After 15 years of custom I've received no help on the matter even though its blatantly obvious that the fold screen is not fit for purpose and has major  faults

It goes to show when some companies won't even insure the phone that there are major issues yet ee continue to sell them

If my contracts were lower I would leave now but unfortunately the four contracts I have with ee are a fair way away from finishing. I will be moving to 02 after over 15 years as I have been made out to be a liar by ee. I will make sure as many people know that ee will not help if you get a fold phone on as many platforms as possible and hopefully succeed with the ombudsman case.

Ee deny knowing that there is an issue with the fold 3 yet I have a screenshot of an ee employee on the ee app saying they are aware of the issue

The whole thing is a joke, never had an issue with ee but maybe now bt have bought them the customer service will go too.

Yes this is a rant but to have to take something as far as the ombudsman because a phone company who supplied your phone won't help is pretty annoying especially as my bill is £180 pm

41 REPLIES 41
Princey71
Visitor

Hi

Ive had my Fold 4 since May 2023 and my handset switches off randomly and screen tends to freeze I took it to Oxford St London to the so called Samsung Experience store  tbh what an experience!! Due to have couple of marks they refused to look at my handset it seemed they are looking for any mark to justify not to take in the handset 

I also cannot open the handset up fully the chap was very unprofessional and left me feeling very upset 

I called Samsung to get Dpd to pick up my handset for repair which they did and was given the same excuse that the warranty was void due to couple of marks 

This is not what I would expectfrom a brand like Samsung now I have a £1800 on an EE contract which is faulty and neither EE not Samsung want to take any responsibility 

I’ve been a loyal Samsung user from the S2 range 

EE take some responsibility or don’t take these phones under your wings as this will tarnish your reputation or don’t you care about your customers.

Sip1080
Visitor

Same issue here, the screen protector lifted in December so this was replaced at EE Crawley. Now the screen has died down the crease and the touch screen has stopped.

The repair shop above EE in Crawley have stated that the warranty is void due to a small mark on the plastic screen bumper nowhere near the issue. They have asked for £500 to replace the screen, the phone is 11 months old.

The phone is going back to Samsung for review, because it is not an EE repair they will not provide a stand in phone!

Under no circumstances should anyone buy a folding phone, especially from Samsung, the technology is just not fit for purpose.