cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy fold screen issues

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am looking for other people who are in the same situation as me. They got a galaxy fold phone, the screen went in the middle due to the manufacturing of the phone yet ee nor Samsung will admit fault and expect a payment for repair . Might I add that this is only 7 month into a 24 month  contract so I'm now the proud owner of a not great skinny screen 1200 pounds phone. 

I'm having to take this matter to the ombudsman although ee seem to be taking a lot of time sending me a deadlock letter. After 15 years of custom I've received no help on the matter even though its blatantly obvious that the fold screen is not fit for purpose and has major  faults

It goes to show when some companies won't even insure the phone that there are major issues yet ee continue to sell them

If my contracts were lower I would leave now but unfortunately the four contracts I have with ee are a fair way away from finishing. I will be moving to 02 after over 15 years as I have been made out to be a liar by ee. I will make sure as many people know that ee will not help if you get a fold phone on as many platforms as possible and hopefully succeed with the ombudsman case.

Ee deny knowing that there is an issue with the fold 3 yet I have a screenshot of an ee employee on the ee app saying they are aware of the issue

The whole thing is a joke, never had an issue with ee but maybe now bt have bought them the customer service will go too.

Yes this is a rant but to have to take something as far as the ombudsman because a phone company who supplied your phone won't help is pretty annoying especially as my bill is £180 pm

41 REPLIES 41

As yet we have not.

We are waiting for the Store to acknowledge receipt of the equipment and when it will be available for collection.

Once we have the equipment back we will be considering our options. Although judging by everyone else commenting it seems a pointless exercise. Lets get the equipment back and then we will comment.

I have raised complaints through every conceivable channel and got to a point of the "executive complaints team" sending a deadlock letter..which i have not yet received, I have contacted 'which' and sent a letter via them to no reply, my next course of action is the telecommunications ombudsman and also local press and itv's Watchdog..so unless your going to supply me with a replacement phone don't send me down these pointless avenues with any of your complaintsteam, they just fob me off, EE are not willing to help, that is quite clear and the 2015 consumer rights act clearly means nothing to your company

Good morning.

We have sought legal advice regarding this poor service and have been instructed not to collect the equipment and leave it with your EE store team. We will now be contacting the after care team today to discuss the options. Further to this we will be booking the Flip 4 in for repair this weekend should we have the same result a stop will be put on the invoicing until we have satisfaction.

I'm in the same issue now with a fold 4 device. Because of a few pain scratches...causes by samsungs own case, warranty void and only options involving payment for repair or replacement under my insurance with EE. 

Both EE and Samsung refusing to deal with it via warranty. This should not be the case less than 1 year into ownership of a device costing over £1.5K. 

I'll be honest, not had issues with EE before but now I just want out of the contact. 

Used to be an iPhone user which was not without issues, but apple solved the issues I've had in the past with an instant replacement in store. I think I'll be leaving EE and going back to Apple once my contact ends in 2024. 

cmacc91
Visitor

Im in the same boat, i had the fold 4, purchased last August, last night phone was working absolutely fine, woke up this morning went to use the big screen to watch a video and the screen just goes black and my phones shuts down. leading me to have to do a soft reset every time it happens. Sometimes it will work for a few minutes and then will just shut down. After a few hours of trying i can play videos from my photos with sound, but say if i try to play a game, the same game i normally play everyday, on the big screen it will load for a few seconds and then the black screen of death. 

Any advise for where i can start to get this fixed, when i took the fold 4 out they said they didnt offer insurance for this phone, maybe that should have been the red flag and i should have left the phone...

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cmacc91,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your screen.

I'd recommend running through the online troubleshooter as a first step.

Hope this helps.

James

Careystreeter
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

How did you get on? , I lost my case with the ombudsman and ended up paying £100 p/m for the next 11 months on a phone that didn't work 

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Exactly the same list the case, it's an absolute con

I had four phones all on contract with EE luckily 2 have now run out and I have 2 left, one runs till June and other till November, I have moved the other 2 to o2 and the last 2 will also be moved once I can.

It's apparent there was a fault with these phones but EE do nothing, counting down the days to leave 

I swear the ombudsman either have free phones that are on the EE  network, as they have all this evidence and nothings being done. I'm one contract down, just one more to go in October, then I'm out of here! I cannot wait. I feel like I've been robbed paying for a phone that didn't work for over a year. Disgusting company 😞

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ran a troubleshooter, the answer was to leave EE once all 4 contracts were up and moved to o2

2 down 2 to go, EE are crooks